Consultant Aude Bernardi (R1440154)
Date posted 26 September 2018 2018-09-262018-11-25 legal 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A reputable insurance company is looking to hire a Legal Counsel to be based in Singapore. This is a great opportunity for a junior lawyer looking for a job that provides challenging and diverse tasks with scope for introducing your own ideas and experience. The Legal Counsel will report directly to the Head of Legal, Asia but will also work with other senior lawyers.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
You will be part of the legal department that is responsible for advising on legal issues that arise in the course of business, ranging from litigation and claims, commercial and corporate transactions and contracts to employment law and compliance and regulatory issues.
- The primary focus of the role is to work closely with and assist the Assistant General Counsel, Asia; provide and assist in the provision of high quality commercial legal advice, counsel and support to the Corporate Risk and Broking line of business in Asia
- Support the Head of Legal, Asia and senior lawyers around the Asia region from time to time and work with lawyers around the international region
- Heavy focus on the following areas of work: commercial contract reviews, tenders, assisting in the provision of regulatory advice, assisting with cross-border transactions, assisting with the management of professional indemnity claims and other litigation, assisting with the provision of advice on new products and sales initiatives
- Be involved in employment matters and special projects including M&A transactions
To be successful in this Legal Counsel role, you should demonstrate a strong willingness to learn combined with a strong commitment to helping the business succeed in all of the jurisdictions in which it operates, whilst maintaining and projecting solid ethical values.
- Qualified (two years' PQE) to practice as a lawyer in any common law jurisdiction
- Solid knowledge and experience of insurance-related areas of the law and regulations, preferably in the broking arena is an advantage
- Experience of working with or within the insurance industry will be an advantage, as well as a working knowledge of the insurance industry
- A willingness to develop an in-depth knowledge of the insurance industry and insurance broking in particular
- Good academic credentials and work experience gained in private practice or in a multinational company
- Must be an enthusiastic, commercially-oriented team player, with an ability to quickly comprehend the company’s business operations and legal needs
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Willing to assist the Assistant General Counsel, Asia and working in a close-knit team with her
- Above all, a team player who wants to work for the benefit of all
- Knowledge of Mandarin, Cantonese or other regional language an advantage but not essential to liaise with Mandarin-speaking counterparts
This is a leading insurance company that needs no introduction. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career by joining a growing business, this Legal Counsel role is for you.
Apply for this role today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440154 Aude Bernardi