Head of Legal and Compliance
Salary SGD200000 - SGD300000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Aude Bernardi (R1440154)
Date posted 31 July 2018 2018-07-312018-09-29 legal 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Head of Legal and Compliance job based in Singapore has just become available in a renowned boutique fund management company with a presence in multiple countries.
About the Head of Legal and Compliance Role:
You will report directly to the group CFO and will get the support of a Compliance Analyst who will be reporting to you. You will act as the sole Counsel for the fund.
- Provide relevant legal & compliance guidance to support the fund
- Develop and maintain legal & compliance framework to ensure the company continually understands and meets the Singaporean legal and regulatory requirements (MAS regulated)
- Provide Legal & Compliance services, advice and assistance as required, ensuring that planning and decision-making processes are appropriately informed and that legal, compliance, financial and reputational risks are managed
- Drive various initiatives from a legal and compliance perspective, such as new business types or jurisdictions
- In charge of dealing directly with the MAS or other regulators
- Acting as MAS designated Chief Compliance Officer and having primary responsibility for dealing with the MAS
- Handle all transactional matters
- Be responsible for general corporate and governance
- Management of external counsel and other support providers in Singapore and other jurisdiction
To succeed in this Head of Legal and Compliance position, you should have minimum 10 years' PQE, with experience working in a highly diverse and collaborative environment.
- Prior experience in large trading houses and financial institutions with exposure to structure and trade finance will be advantageous
- International mindset and cross boarder experience
- Trade and structured finance experience: Structuring, trade documentation, LCs/SBLCs, pre-payments, APBGs/EPBGs, LOIs and familiarity with Incoterms
- Some experience of physical commodity trading (energy or resources)
- Banking/Finance experience: Facility documentation, securities, guarantees, familiarity with ISDA
- Corporate and commercial experience: Shareholder and management agreements, corporate governance, NDA's, employment contracts, service agreements, establishment of companies in jurisdictions outside Singapore
- Regulatory and Compliance: Funds compliance, MAS CMSL requirements with clear understanding of global KYC/AML/CFTC and sanctions compliance
- Management of other legal or compliance professionals
This is a boutique fund management company that has executed more than USD 20B of trade transactions across 12 jurisdictions over the past 10 years with a current annual revenue over USD 7B. They trade a range of agricultural and natural resource commodities alongside originating and executing trade finance solutions that utilises its global infrastructure, capital and expertise.
This is a great opportunity for a senior finance transactional lawyer to lead the Legal & Compliance function of growing an international and dynamic fund.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440154 Aude Bernardi