Legal Associate Director
Consultant Aude Bernardi (R1440154)
Date posted 12 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Legal Associate Director job opportunity has just become available at a renowned European consumer goods company based in Singapore.
About the Legal Associate Director role:
In this newly-created role, you will be reporting to the Asia General Counsel as the first legal professional employed in Singapore covering the South East Asia region.
You will be directly in charge of supporting the Group businesses on a range of legal matters, including inter alia addressing commercial, corporate, compliance and intellectual property (including counterfeiting) legal issues and following up their implementation within each affiliate.
- Work with business units in the territory to establish ways of working and relevance of the South East Asian legal resource
- Directly support business units in the region by providing legal solutions and support to allow them to achieve their business objectives in a compliant way and a controlled level of risk
- Monitor legal issues in the territory
- Address all aspects of corporate and commercial legal issues for each market companies, with the support of the HQ and other group legal team where applicable
- Conduct and develop legal analysis, opinions and training materials on common corporate and compliance issues (e.g. anti-corruption measures, product liability risks, regulatory compliance, competition law issues, etc.)
- Draft and/or roll out significant legal templates
- Be responsible for negotiating, internally and externally, and managing external law firms and corresponding budget
- Work in close cooperation with the HQ legal team and other legal correspondents
To succeed in this Legal Associate Director role, you should have some in-house legal experience with a demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with senior management.
- Bachelor of Laws, professional qualification such as admission to the bar
- At least eight years’ experience, including some in-house experience in corporate, commercial, compliance and intellectual property
- Previous experience working for an FMCG/consumer goods company will be key advantage
- Sufficient gravitas and business experience to work with senior management and effectively explain legal risks and provide commercial solutions
- A “doer” and willing to perform hands-on tasks
- Experience working a range of jurisdictions
- Ability to manage a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and enthusiastic with high levels of interpersonal competencies and influencing skills
- Capacity to approach issues not only from a legal but also from a commercial perspective
- Self-starter with a high degree of flexibility
This is a great opportunity to work for a leading consumer goods company that is always evolving and continuously driving change.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Legal Associate Director role is for you.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440154 Aude Bernardi