Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel - Global
Consultant Aude Bernardi (R1440154)
Date posted 06 June 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel - Global job has just been made available at a leading global pharmaceutical company based in Singapore.
About the Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel - Global role:
As Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel, you will be part of the legal and compliance team of two major business units within the leading pharmaceutical company. You will be responsible for the daily business in various regions with a particular focus in supporting business development transactions.
- Support business development and inorganic growth activity, including complex and high-value acquisitions and licensing transactions
- Proactively contribute to the delivery of the group's fast-paced business in the emerging markets (Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa) by partnering with the business through active engagement in legal matters including legal queries, business development transactions, IP, review, revise and negotiate contracts relating to supply, manufacturing, distribution and licensing, working closely with Supply Chain, Regulatory, Marketing, Medical, IT, R&D, Finance and Quality
- Understand the nature of the Group business on a regional and global scale so that you can assist your commercial colleagues in achieving their strategies and business objectives in a resource-efficient manner by providing a business focused, high-quality, and proactive source of legal services and advice
- Act as a business partner and be risk-aware in your legal duties, with your first responsibility to the legal function
- Assess existing and proposed commercial relationships in order to ensure that their implications are fully understood and draft, negotiate and finalise definitive agreements to ensure these relationships are properly defined and recorded
- Assist in and take responsibility for other duties and special projects as requested by the Head of Legal
- Work collaboratively with the Legal and Compliance team across the emerging markets to ensure consistency of approach and endeavour to work towards the common goal of providing excellent legal and compliance services
To succeed in this Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel - Global role, you should have prior experience in transactional law and compliance, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Bachelor of Laws, professional qualification, admission to the bar
- At least eight years' experience as a transactional lawyer with excellent experience in M&A, licensing and business development matters
- Experience working a range of jurisdictions
- Expertise in drafting complex commercial contracts with the capability to provide thorough commercial legal advice to the business units internationally
- Experience in compliance work (including US FCPA and UK Bribery Act)
- Fluent in business English, can efficiently draft and negotiate large deals; ability to think outside the box and drive a deal to its close
- Capable of managing a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Possess sufficient gravitas and business experience to work with senior management and effectively explain legal risks and provide commercial solutions
- Proactive and enthusiastic with high levels of interpersonal competencies and influencing skills
- A broad understanding of contract and pharmaceutical law, including hands-on experience with international licences, distribution, supply, services and vendor agreements as well as clinical trials and study contracts
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain legal situations to business persons and other non-lawyers
- Some travel will be required
This is a great opportunity to work for a leading pharmaceutical company and to participate in various business development initiatives the company is currently taking.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel - Global job is for you.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440154 Aude Bernardi