Legal Counsel (4-7 years PQE)
Salary SGD8000 - SGD10000 per month
Consultant Aude Bernardi (R1440154)
Date posted 20 November 2018 2018-11-202019-01-19 legal 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A reputable Chinese bank is looking to hire a Legal Counsel to be based in Singapore. This is a great job opportunity for a mid-level legal professional in private practice, ideally in a banking and finance department, or already in-house working for a bank, to use their knowledge and experience in a broad and varied in-house role presenting a wide range of challenges.
About the Legal Counsel (4-7 years PQE) Role:
In a legal function which is seen as a real partner to the business, this is a great chance to gain exposure to practical challenges requiring both legal knowledge and commercial acumen. You will report to the General Counsel and be working in a team environment.
- Support and assist in all legal matters and issue
- Draft and review the bank’s standard template of legal document, forms and agreement
- Review letter of offer, security documents, banker’s guarantees, bonds, commodity finance agreement, service agreements and promotion terms and conditions
- Conduct legal research, analyse new law’s impact to the bank and provide legal advice to the related department
- Provide legal advice and guidance on legal and regulatory matters
- Handle customer complaints and liaise with external lawyers for litigation cases
- Provide training to the bank’s staff on laws and regulations
To be successful in this Legal Counsel (4-7 years PQE) role, you should demonstrate a strong willingness to learn combined with a strong commitment to helping the business succeed whilst maintaining and projecting solid ethical values is key.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree or equivalent law qualification
- Being admitted as a solicitor in Singapore or an equivalent commonwealth jurisdiction
- At least four years' relevant working experience in a bank or a law firm
- Familiarity with bank products - especially trade finance products, security custodian business - would be advantageous
- Proficiency in Mandarin would be essential as incumbent is required to understand Chinese documents from head office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical ability, meticulous and quick learner
- A good team player but able to work independently
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced environment
This is a leading Chinese bank.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career joining a growing business this Legal Counsel (4-7 years PQE) role is for you.
Apply for this opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440154 Aude Bernardi