Consultant Raymond Poon (R1660122)
Date posted 07 February 2017
An attractive Legal Counsel job has just arisen at one of the world's leading banks to provide specialised in-house advisory services related to all aspects of Securities Services. You will work closely with the heads of business and partner with the various leadership teams providing technical legal advice and support.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
You will be establishing agreements with new and existing clients and supporting sales and relationship managers in their commercial negotiations, or directly engaging with client’s legal advisors to resolve technical issues.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice to the business on new products and services and proactively anticipating legal issues and identifying legal requirements
- Review, negotiate and draft agreements (including amendments) relating to the business and other service providers, including sub-custodian, sub-clearers and IT vendors
- Identify and mitigate legal risk within the business by implementing appropriate legal controls and policies where necessary
- Review incidents and providing legal advice in respect of good value claims and drafting legal disclaimers
To be successful in this Legal Counsel role, you will need to be familiar with the Singapore financial services legal environment and have a good understanding of banking and securities, futures and derivatives laws.
- Six years' post qualification experience in the financial services sector from a law firm or alternatively from another custodian bank
- Ability to anticipate and identify areas of focus or concern with regards to key risk and legal management
- Possess a degree in Law, knowledge of Malaysia law would be an added advantage
This private bank is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. It has the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1660122 Raymond Poon