Data Center Eradication Engineer (12 months contract)
Salary 1 month completion bonus
Consultant Laveena Wasvani
Date posted 28 August 2018 2018-08-282018-09-27 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Global Head of Marketing job has just become available at one of the most respected global law firms based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Managing Partner, this is a role for a marketer who is a leader in their field.
About the Data Centre Eradication Engineer role(12 months):
In this critical role you will be responsible in supporting the Data Centre Eradication Operations for Proximity Services based at Regional Data Centre for 12 months, where the aim is to deliver service to the best possible standard for all infrastructure and processes managed within the data centre.
• You will be responsible for providing technical assistance and to provide overall support to client’s customers
• You will also be responsible for the eradication and installation of racks, network and computer equipment.
• You will also be responsible for managing and implementing installations as required, including shelves, power strips, rails, cable management and customer IT equipment. When required identify issues with the hardware or cabling, which can include replacing and removing internal components and testing, tracing and labelling of cabling.
• You will also need to liase with counterparts within the company globally and 3rd parties, on hardware r elated issues and processes.
• You will also share responsibility for upholding the standards of tidiness, cleanliness, security, asset information and installation standards within the computer suites.
To succeed in this role, as an Data Centre Eradication Engineer (12months), you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-cooperatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
• Computer engineering experience and knowledge in order to achieve optimum methods of working.
• Cabling experience and knowledge, in order to achieve optimum methods of working.
• Installation and removal of rack mount kit including HP and CISCO.
• Hardware maintenance – swapping of failed customer replaceable parts such as cache battery, HDD, Power Supply.
• Highly motivated individual, with a positive & pro-active attitude to work
• Willingness to make changes to improve operational efficiency through innovation, process and procedures, adopting and adapting ideas and practices from elsewhere.
• Capable of working with the minimum of supervision, execellent team skills with the ability to listen and contribute to discussions and meetings.
• Good written and verbal communication skills (English), good working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
This global IT firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their excellent service The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. This IT firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the nextstep in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R Laveena Wasvani