Strategic Sourcing Senior Specialist
Salary Market aligned
Consultant Linette Tai (R1985888)
Date posted 14 August 20192019-08-14 2019-10-13 telecommunications Singapore SG SGD 84000 108000 108000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Strategic Sourcing Senior Specialist job has just been made available at a fast growing telecommunications firm based in Singapore. In this role, you will report directly to the Procurement Manager.
About the Strategic Sourcing Senior Specialist Role:
You will provide professional, qualified procurement expertise, advice and services, while ensuring the company buys in compliance with supplier governance framework to protect the company interest at all levels.
• Portfolio of existing key suppliers’ agreement valued at over USD 30m a year.
• Identify and implement cost savings through projects such as off-net to on-net migration, renewal, change of suppliers and various network optimisation opportunities
• Plan and host monthly supplier service reviews, report key metrics and action takeaways from reviews to drive supplier’s performance in meeting with the firm’s objectives
• Support operations with sourcing high value opportunities as well as any CAPEX projects
• Identify new suppliers in new markets: research the market, meet the suppliers (often at senior management level) to assess capabilities
• Run RFx process for sourcing of new suppliers
• Lead negotiations and approve Master Services Agreements (MSA) in accordance with established supplier governance framework and processes
• Operationalise new suppliers through documentation, processes, and conference calls or face to face meetings with groups within the firm
• Assist various levels of management for service delivery, pricing, service assurance problems and billing disputes as required
To succeed in this Strategic Sourcing Senior Specialist position, you need to have at least five years of global procurement and supplier management experience in telecommunications industry.
• Evidence of proven success managing telco suppliers and international contracts
• Experience and understanding of cost models and cost saving execution
• Proven understanding of transmission/transport and IP technologies
• The ability to confidently interact, communicate and collaborate effectively with stakeholders across key business functions
• Degree level education in relevant subject. Preferred disciplines include: Supply Chain, Engineering or Computer Studies
This global company is recognised as one of the fastest growing telecommunications firm in the industry with a strong presence in Asia Pacific. If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1985888 Linette Tai