IT Support Engineer
Consultant Muzammil Mohamed (R1653151)
Date posted 20 February 2017
An IT Support Engineer role has just become available at one of the most respected global law firms based in Singapore.
About the IT Support Engineer Role:
The role is to provide IT support to the local office. This involves the provision and management of IT hardware and the delivery of IT support to global and regionally agreed service levels. This work will include the recording, diagnosing, monitoring and resolving of request and problems using a call management system to provide a high level audit trail for each task. There will be an element of work outside normal office hours or call out for urgent tasks.
- Provision and support of office and home-based IT hardware to agreed levels
- Provide first line application support (productivity tools, business applications and desktop environment) including: problem identification, analysis, diagnosis, and resolution or escalation when necessary
- Maintain effective communications with the support centre in the region on all support issues including: problem status, escalation, policies, procedures, change control and office moves where appropriate.
- Provide agreed training and induction support to staff
- Provide active input and ownership of allocated regional and global IT projects
To succeed in the IT Support Engineer job, you must possess good analytical skills and able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Effective team worker with good time management skills, confident and effective telephone technique
- Self-motivated, takes ownership and able to work without direct supervision
- Able to work under pressure and with short notices
- Support desk experience, any other experience in the IT industry would be a plus
- Demonstrate aptitude / enthusiasm for IT
- Further education in the IT field - preferred
- Proficiency in using and supporting MS Office applications
- Basic network knowledge
This law firm needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are keen to explore this opportunity, please apply today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653151 Muz Mohamed