Senior Storage Engineer
Salary SGD4500 - SGD6500 per month
Consultant Muzammil Mohamed (R1653151)
Date posted 13 February 2017
A Senior Storage Engineer job has become available at one of the most respected Pharmaceutical firms based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Storage Manager, this is a role for an experienced Storage Engineer.
About the Senior Storage Engineer Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting acquisition, installation, maintenance, and administration of large enterprise SAN, NAS & enterprise Backup environment.
- Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis and identify storage related problems
- Allocate SAN storage and NFS/CIFS shares to servers and provide system security and access
- Provide backup client installations and scheduling, backup policies setting, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Use SAN, NAS and TSM Backup management tools to analyse performance and identify bottlenecks or slowdowns and take appropriate action to resolve
- Plan, coordinate and upgrade components of the SAN/NAS/TSM as needed with software, hardware and microcode upgrades, etc. Work with vendors as needed in this process
- Participate in worldwide collaboration to share on engineering efforts, technical challenges and breakthroughs
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation, major incidents and reviews (postmortems)
- Attend to level 2/3 user service requests and service restoration through remedy (Incident management)
- Work with vendors and team members to troubleshoot issues related to the operations (Problem management)
To succeed in the Senior Storage Engineer job, you will need to have the ability to participate in Business Continuity Planning and DR strategy including documenting of DR procedures, and executing DR drills.
- Knowledge and experience in support and administration of large enterprise storage and backup systems such as EMC VMAX & VNX, Netapp 7-mode & c-mode filers, IBM TSM systems, EMC Data Domain
- Experience with Cisco SAN Switch configuration and support such as Virtual SAN, Fiber channel zoning, LUN masking, HBA configuration and tuning
- Proficient in Storage Management tools like Unisphere, DCNM, DFM, OnCommand Performance Manager
- Experience in Linux, Unix and Windows environment and admiration is preferred
This pharmaceutical firm needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise.
If you are driven, determined and ready to take the next step in your Storage Engineer career, this is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653151 Muz Mohamed