Consultant Faiz Modak (R1216653)
Date posted 18 October 2016
An exciting Support Analyst job has just become available in one of the established banks in Singapore to support the firms Clearing Applications.
About the Support Analyst role:
In this business critical role, you will be involved in Level 3 Support and some development of the business.
- Provide BAU (Business as usual) support for Derivatives Clearing
- Responding to incident & resolving them quickly to ensure minimal impact to customers and the exchange
- Application (logs, data files, and database) and system maintenance (OS, network, storage and Security Patches)
- Participate in Business Continuity Plan & members Disaster Recovery tests
- Perform capacity monitoring and load testing
- Regular system improvements for smooth run of the systems
- Manage changes and deployment to QA/production system
- Manage solution vendor to ensure that SLA is met and delivery/incident handling process is within expectations
- Support users in their day to day operations of trading system
- Provide system impact analysis for new enhancements, functionalities or turn-ons
- Take on changes that are minimal and not impacting staff commitment to production support
To succeed in the Support Analyst job, you should have a mix of Java Technical Skills and client facing experience.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on Software Development experience in Java
- Conversant in Java scripting and PERL/Linux scripting
- Conversant in Relational Databases, especially MSSQL and Oracle and writing of SQL statement
- Conversant in Windows and Linux Operating System
- Good understanding of Software development lifecycle
- Team player with high degree of focus, energy and motivation
- Independent and able to manage internal users, external clients and solution vendors
- Experience with the support of Crystal Server 2013 and building of report templates
- Experience with support of critical business applications and able to work long hours and under stress during incident recovery time
- Good understanding of system architecture and networks
- Able to work shifts due to work exigencies
- Good functional knowledge of financial products such as Equities and Derivatives products and exchange business would be an advantage
This is an established bank in Singapore that is embarking on a major transformation program. Their culture in the Singapore offices is renowned as one of the best on the market and the organisation is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Support Analyst role.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1216653 Faiz Modak