Regulatory Project Lead
Salary SGD100000 - SGD150000 per annum
Consultant Valerie Corera (R1332085)
Date posted 20 February 2019 2019-02-202019-04-21 banking singapore SG SGD 100000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A leading investment bank is seeking a high-calibre Regulatory Project Lead to join their rapidly expanding team.
About the Regulatory Project Lead Role:
With the onset of SFTR reporting requirements, you will be part of the FM Regulatory Operations to take the lead on a number of key SFTR components including driving implementation of change with Technology, defining and implementing Target Operating Model, designing and implementing processes / controls required by FM Operations in BAU.
- Define and implement key processes and controls that enable Regulatory Operations to meet the SFTR Reporting obligations that are effective Q2 2020
- Align the key operational processes and controls to the design and build of the new strategic reporting system
- Work actively with the stakeholder group (locally and internationally) which includes Technology, Compliance and other impacted FM Operations teams, to ensure that the requirements of FM Operations collectively (including FM Regulatory Operations) are well understood and actively tracked during the course of the program
- Define operationally focused testing plans for the in-scope systems, coordinate and execute on these plans, and represent Regulatory Operations throughout the testing processes
- Prepare communication packs, training and other materials as appropriate to ensure that Regulatory Operations staff globally are fully enabled to support the new reporting processes and controls effective 2020
- Provide high quality status updates to senior FM Operations management as requested and at appropriate junctures
- Establish an active industry presence as appropriate (e.g. ISDA and vendors/utilities such as DTCC, UnaVista) and participate / steer with a global Regulatory Operations view
- Ensure the Operational Risk Framework is reflective of the new processes under SFTR for Regulatory Operations, and articulates the causes of failure to the new processes
- Ensure that the controls being implemented are effective at mitigating cause of process failure, and any gaps are well articulated through the Operational Risk Framework
- Ensure the control measurements (KCI and CSTs) are appropriately defined, measured and captured within the Operational Risk Framework
- Ensure that the key risk indicators (KRIs) are appropriately defined, measured and captured within the Operational Risk Framework
- Capture residual compliance and operational risk issues and define the appropriate remediation activities for consideration in the 2020 budgets
To succeed in the Regulatory Project Lead job, you must have strong track record for delivering effective controls and efficient processes in an FM Operations environment.
- Strong Business Analyst in Financial Markets
- Good understanding of Repos, Bonds and Commodities - products in the securities space
- Domain expertise across financial markets products, particularly in the context of post-trade OTCD regulations such as EMIR, DF and MIFID. Experience working on SFTR is a plus
- Working knowledge of the front to back trade lifecycle for derivatives, including associated market infrastructure providers and capabilities
- Strong stakeholder management ensuring high quality communication, transparency and objective prioritisation
This well-know investment bank needs no further introduction. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you have a successful track record of project management and enjoy working in a team environment, this is the role for you.
Interested candidates apply today or ring me for a private discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1332085 Valerie Corera