Senior Business Analyst Financial Markets
Salary SGD150000 - SGD220000 per annum
Consultant Alicia Keith (R1980848)
Date posted 13 February 2019 2019-02-132019-04-12 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 150000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A leading investment bank has a job opportunity for a high-calibre Senior Business Analyst.
About the Senior Business Analyst Role:
Reporting to the Head of Analytics and Risk for the Financial Markets Technology group, the initial assignment will be focused on on boarding the Control Framework project. The bank's analytics and risk platform delivers consolidated risks primarily to Structure and Derivatives traders within the Front Office. You will be responsible for implement a Control Framework for an official use of the risk numbers generated by the platform for both Front Office and Market Risk and substitute to all other Financial Markets systems.
- Provide formal controls around end-of-day and intraday trade data reconciliation and pricing exceptions and associated workflows
- Provide formal controls related to market data and non-market reference data
- Provide formal controls to Finance users around Present Value reconciliation between the bank's platform and various trade booking systems
- Provide full P&L explain and predict functionality to Product Control
- Collaborating with all control functions to gather requirement, solve business problems by proposing relevant, innovative solutions in consultation with the technology teams
- Deliver functional consistency across the various projects by influencing architecture and design decisions
- Translating and documenting business requirements
- Working across asset classes FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities (both structured and flow)
- Ensure the overall quality of business requirements, functional specifications and other supporting documents meet the bank’s standards
- Provide on-going support to the technology teams as required e.g. reviewing of test cases, close out open issues/questions, manage change request process etc.
- Assist the business with UAT, including communication, planning, preparation and test case preparation
- Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met
To succeed in this role, you will need to have strong exposure to PV reconciliation or P&L or Product Control or other related finance concepts, coupled with strong business analyst skills.
- 10 years' experience
- Strong understanding of the Business Analysis process is a must
- Extensive derivatives knowledge across asset classes encompassing product knowledge, pricing, risk analytics and trade life cycle
- Quantitatively finance understanding, ability to liaise with Quantitively analysts on pricing and risk topics
- Proven ability to work across business streams and have exposure to front to back system implementation
- Good understanding of key technology concepts, basics in SQL, functional programming and architecture
- Knowledge and experience of Agile development practices would be desirable
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation
- Ability to drive multiple agenda and effectively manage priorities
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English are a must
This investment bank needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise.
If you are driven and determined to bring your career forward, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1980848 Alicia Keith