Technical Product Support Specialist
Consultant Houda ElAlaoui (R1659282)
Date posted 11 November 2016
An exciting Technical Product Support Specialist job has just become available at one of the most innovative company in retail security solutions based in Singapore.
About the Technical Product Support Specialist role:
In this role, you will be the bridge the technical support teams in APAC region and the global product engineering teams, in order to drive technical excellence in field installation and service towards retail customers throughout the region as well as drive continuous support skillset improvement within the tech support teams in all countries within the region by facilitating the necessary training.
- Define a set of relevant project and service performance metrics for the business in the region and ensure effective management and tracking of these metrics in each country
- Able to do solution presentations and to support activities on pre and post sales cycle
- Manage project/service escalation on local and global level
- Support testing and commissioning challenges
- Gather training needs around the region for both tech support and field sales and facilitate the necessary training on an ongoing basis
- Monitor and follow through all major customer support issues/product failure cases across the regional until resolution, facilitate improvement on overall product quality and reliability through working with the global product engineering team
- Coordinate and assist in the regulatory type approval of EAS systems in each country within the region
- Develop remote diagnostics capability for our EAS systems and share with the technical teams in the region
- Capability to source for new products to define solution set for key customers
To succeed in the Technical Product Support Specialist job, you should have minimum 5 years of technical support experience in a multinational technology company environment and in project management/installation skills.
- Diploma/degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or similar discipline
- Knowledge in Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS)/retail loss prevention/electronic security highly desirable
- EAS, RFID and integrated software solutions market and product solution awareness, i.e. technologies, pricing and competitors
- Experience with various enterprise infrastructure technologies such as wireless/ wired networking technology, multi-protocol sensor devices (RS232, RS485, GPIO, LAN, etc.) and RF technologies
- Knowledge of both licensed software applications as well as hosted/ managed software as a service offering
- Knowledge of AutoCad or any schematic system design applications
- Extensive experience in interfacing with and influencing various internal (sales, operations, field tech support, marketing, etc.) and external stakeholders (customers, partners, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to relate across all levels in an organisation
- Able to travel across the region as required (up to 40% of the time)
You will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for
you. Apply now!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659282 Houda El Alaoui