Market Risk Programme Manager
Consultant Evgenii Volianik (R1654335)
Date posted 15 November 2016
An outstanding role of Market Risk Programme Manager has just become available at one of the leading investment banks. The Market Risk division has a fundamental responsibility to protect the Bank. With group-wide responsibility for the management and control of market and operational and reputational risks, this team have a unique vantage point which allows us a holistic view of our businesses and our clients.
About the Market Risk Programme Manager Role:
As a Market Risk Programme Manager you will be responsible for Change projects within MRM and MRC space. Market Risk Management (MRM) provides an independent view of market risks to the bank’s senior management and manages its market risk position in an independent and neutral way. The Market Risk Control (MRC) function is responsible for the production of all official market risk metrics on behalf of the Market Risk Management department.
- Help to define and deliver the Front to Back target operating model, processes & systems and report for Historical Simulation calculations under current rules and FRTB
- Lead the Market Risk Change and Technology teams tasked with creating a production process to support the validation, calculation and reporting of daily historical simulation calculations (VaR, SVaR) under current rules, in parallel to current production
- Work with IT to ensuring that user acceptance tests for strategic front to back and market risk functionality are fit for purpose appropriate testing has been performed and results reviewed and that systems and processes are ready for implementation into MRC
- Ensure the MRC team has the appropriate level of product knowledge and front to back knowledge and relationships to be effective in the execution of its role
- Represent the Market Risk function at key internal forums (project workshops, working groups etc.) driving Historical Simulation and FRTB implementation
- Work closely with colleagues within MRM and Front to Back (e.g. Front Office, Market Risk Change, IT, MRM Methodology, Market Risk Analysis, Market Risk Managers, Product Control, Finance etc)
To succeed in this role, you will need to possess Deep market risk knowledge in more than one business line is required as is a clear understanding of how front to back (E2E) business processes should be organised at a Tier1 investment bank.
- 20-25 years' experience ideally in Technology Market Risk role (Project Manager or Programme Manager)
- A strong but collaborative personality is essential, ability to present and communicate to management board - 1 level, ability to think clearly under pressure, along with influencing and networking skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and proactively forge relationships with key contacts front to back are essential
- Advanced team and people leadership skills, working across geographical time zones, leveraging vendor models and experience of outsourcing tasks and processes are essential
The team has a global presence with staff located in London, Singapore and India. The company offers a wide range of banking products & services in Singapore, including Private Banking, Corporate and Structured Finance and Treasury products. Quality of service has always been the core of its offering. All these services are rendered with a high degree of professionalism and diligence.
If you fit the above requirements and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great professional growth and challenging tasks are guaranteed.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1654335 Evgenii Volianik