Cyber Security Consultant
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Brett Lockett (R1440023)
Date posted 03 October 20192019-10-03 2019-12-02 it Singapore SG SGD 80000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior Cyber Security Consultant job opportunity has become available working for a leading technology company in Singapore.
About the Cyber Security Consultant Role:
In this role, you will report to the Head of Security and work closely with all technology teams across the organisation. Strong end-to-end knowledge of security, risk and cyber are required with any experience working within a consulting company being desirable.
- Provide subject matter expertise
- Support the consulting team to deliver effective consultancy projects to help clients mitigate cyber risk
- Use technical knowledge of cybersecurity risks to help provide advice and support to our clients on how best to mitigate the risks
- Use knowledge and previous experience of cybersecurity projects to deliver high quality deliverables aligned with client expectations
- Deliver cybersecurity consultancy
- Manage cybersecurity projects by leading a team of consultants and taking responsibility for client relationships
- Develop and deliver internal and external research projects on technology, regulation and risk in the region
- Project management (e.g., running kick-off meetings, refining outputs, developing recommendations)
- Deliver projects (e.g., helping clients understand what information assets are valuable for them, conducting cyber maturity assessments, helping clients implement solutions)
- Perform research, collate information and draft deliverables such as presentations and reports
- Work with key project stakeholders (e.g., gathering information from interview, document review and presenting findings) while maintaining the confidence of the client through clear communication and good project management
- Work with external technical partners to deliver an integrated solution and drawing out recommendations from their technical findings
- Collaborate with other departments within company on business development, project delivery and thought leadership
- Provide flexible and responsive support as and when crisis management support is required and can be provided
- Support business development
- Develop proposals for future client work
- Project scoping and planning, to support pricing
- Contribute to and build complex multi-service line proposals
- Cultivate long-term relationships with clients
- Participate in marketing and speaking events to build the company brand
- Support the growth of the cyber consulting team
- Help to refine cybersecurity methodologies and approaches
- Support the Associate Directors, Directors and Partners in managing the team
- Contribute to professional development and training programmes
- Manage the knowledge base of research and reports
- Enlighten other departments about cybersecurity and develop the business and service
To succeed in the Senior Cyber Security Consultant job, you must have good knowledge of IT, network infrastructure and security architectures/solutions.
- Extensive experience with cybersecurity challenges (including strategy and planning, solutions development, threat intelligence and incident response), either within a consultancy or as a practitioner
- Good knowledge of IT, network infrastructure and security architectures/solutions
- Ability to see security from the attacker’s point of view
- Broad corporate experience and understanding of the interaction between departments (such as HR, finance and security) and levels of governance within a commercial organisation
- Good understanding of regional political and social issues that may drive or otherwise impact cybersecurity risks
- At least two years of relevant work experience in intelligence, investigations, consulting or threat analysis
- Understanding of the cyber threat landscape and key cybersecurity concepts
- Familiarity with cybersecurity solutions and architectures, with an emphasis on the cloud
- Familiarity with practical governance such as policies, reporting and auditing (note that this is not a compliance/audit position)
- Understanding of the intelligence life cycle and its usage for threat intelligence
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and oral form at senior levels
- Able to explain difficult technical concepts and ideas in non-technical terms
- Demonstrable experience in managing complex investigations or threat analysis engagements
- Undergraduate degree in a field related to security, information security, intelligence or computer science
- A suitable industry certification such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC, SANS, CEH, etc.
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a key leader within the technology field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The business is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Cyber Security Consultant job in Singapore.
Apply now to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440023 Brett Lockett