Director of Data Security
Salary Market aligned
Consultant Brett Lockett (R1440023)
Date posted 02 September 20192019-09-02 2019-11-01 it Singapore SG SGD 180000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Director of Data Security opportunity has become available at a leading technology company in Singapore.
About the Director of Data Security Role:
Reporting to the Head of Security and Risk, you will work closely with all technology teams across the organisation. In this role, you will be required to apply strong end-to-end knowledge of cyber security, data security, governance and GDPR/PDPA, as well as your work experience in consulting.
- Develop and roll out an enterprise wide security, privacy and data governance policy framework through creation of new (and modifications to existing) organisation policies and procedures, with a focus on the protection of sensitive data
- Define roles and responsibilities related to security, privacy and data governance policy and ensure clear accountability for the enterprises’ information assets
- Gain a deep understanding of the Southeast Asia regional laws and regulations governing security, data protection, credit information and privacy e.g. PDPA, GR82, etc.
- Drive the design, development and implementation of policies, procedures and processes for security compliance, data privacy and data protection compliance across the organisation
- Maximise flow and work relentlessly with business and project teams to build security, privacy and data protection compliance requirements into their business processes and system design
- Stay abreast of regional and global trends and best practices in security compliance, data governance, privacy and data protection
- Be the focal point for security, privacy/data protection and data governance policy across the organisation
- Build and manage together with the Security Assurance team GRC processes, including risk management and remediation tracking
- At least 12 years' relevant experience in IT security, privacy, data protection and data governance
- Experience with on-premise and AWS and Azure cloud security paradigms
- Experience in banking, financial services or fintech industry
- Strong experience in and familiarity with engaging directly with regulators/auditors
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Ability to adapt easily to rapid and diverse business changes
- Strong and effective communication skills (both oral and written)
- Capability to present security/privacy risks to the C level and the board
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline or IT or Computer Science required
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a key leader within the technology field.
The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The business is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Director of Data Security job in Singapore.
Apply now or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440023 Brett Lockett