Consultant Brett Lockett (R1440023)
Date posted 07 May 20192019-05-07 2019-07-06 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
An exciting Security Engineer opportunity has come available working for a leading technology company in Singapore.
About the Security Engineer Role:
Reporting to the Head of Security Engineering, you will work closely with all technology teams across the organisation. Strong end to end knowledge of security, incident response and operational is required for the position.
- The security management team prepares, identifies and responds to advanced and commodity security threats which could damage the company branding or cause (severe) financial impact
- Your team ensures appropriate detection and response controls are in place to identify and handle incidents introduced through malware infections, phishing attacks, network attacks, server compromises, internal data leaks or fraudulent activities using IT
- Scope of the engagement are all the sales & marketing companies, factories and R&D companies within the APAC and China regions
- Incident Management Team engineer for the APAC and China regions with some extra focus on preparing R&D Engineering companies for possible attacks
- Work with business to ensure all assets and key delivery processes are identified and at the highest state of readiness with appropriate security controls in place and all the latest updates and signatures applied
- Develop and utilise a case management process for incident and resolution tracking, including both current incidents and recording of previous anomalous or suspicious activity
- Direct and support incident response activity that involves investigating and analysing a wide range of data sources, such as apparent security events, firewall logs, and forensic analysis, to identify viruses, malware, misuse, unauthorised activity and similar information security concerns
- Compile, track, and report monthly statistics on security incidents
- Ensure global incident response activities are prioritised and executed based on business critically, reputational and financial impact, following optimal cost/benefit conditions.
- Primary business liaison for security incident related communication; legal entity heads, corporate communications, factory heads, R&D engineers, local IS support teams and others
- Deliver technical and business projects to increase maturity of the framework
- Ensure appropriate IR actions are performed in response to security incidents
- Maintain the formal incident management framework. Ensure playbooks are created and kept up to date
To succeed in the role, you must have strong IT or security operations background.
- Minimum five years’ experience in technical information security and incident response roles
- Demonstrated history of handling targeted security attacks
- Strong system engineering background (Windows, Linux)
- Experienced in log management and log correlation
- Experienced in using scripting languages and regex
- Fluent English and Mandarin to liaise with internal staff from other North Asian regions who converse mainly in Mandarin
- Creative, dynamic, open minded, pro-active and enthusiastic
- Result-focused, able to work under pressure
- Willing and able to take the lead and to delegate tasks where necessary
- Excellent presentation skills
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a key leader within the technology field.
The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The business is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Security Engineer job in Singapore.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440023 Brett Lockett