Junior System Consultant
Consultant Helen Lee (R1874335)
Date posted 23 January 2019 2019-01-232019-03-24 it Singapore SG SGD 4000 4800 4800 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Junior System Consultant job has just become available in a leading security company.
About the Junior System Consultant Role:
The Junior System Consultant (Infrastructure) is a member of the Singapore Engineering Team. You will help construct and implement highly complex systems, working with very large dataset using cutting edge technologies, solving hard engineering problems at scale to help our customers to defend against threats and reduce their risk in the connected world. A System Consultant must have an engineering mindset, passionate and a curious mind about technology. This is an extremely hands-on role and System Consultants should also possess relentless drive in gaining and maintaining extensive knowledge on products as well as 3rd party products therefore you will lead the way in building systems using tools whichever is best for the job.
- Regular interaction with customers with a key focus on ensuring success for our customers
- Carries out agreed operational procedures of a progressive nature, under instruction, including network configuration, installation and maintenance
- Working closely with software engineers to deploy software packages and debug product issues.
- Contributes to the resolution of operational problems as required
- Contributes to the creation, improvement and maintenance of process documentation
- Contributes to the creation of high-quality technical documentation, for example Deployment guides and Acceptance Test documentation
- Provides support and maintenance of the current server and network infrastructure, including all application components ensuring secure and efficient operation, following recognized best practice
- Finding new and better solutions, challenge existing solutions in a professional and constructive manner
- Share experiences between colleagues aiming on perfecting best practices
- Travel when required (including possible overseas work)
- Support out of hours work if scheduling requires
To succeed in this Junior System Consultant role, you should have good knowledge of and experience in systems. You should also be passionate about information security and innovation.
- Analytical mind and keen sense of software logic
- Must act as an effective bridge between internal stakeholders (e.g. Solution architect/Project Managers/Developer) and customers.
- Good understanding of OSI model, TCP/IP protocol suite (ARP, IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, DHCP)
- Hands-on experience in Linux administration (including setup, configuring and monitoring) and comfortable with command line interface like Bash preferably with CentOS and RedHat.
- Hands-on experience in Active Directory and Windows server administration, including setup, configuring and monitoring
- Hands-on experience in basic configuration (e.g. VLAN) and monitoring on Cisco/Dell/HP switches
- Working knowledge of Firewall concepts and configuration
- Working knowledge of Enterprise storage like NAS (e.g. EMC Isilon), SAN (EMC VNX, Clariion).
- Must adapt to working in high pressure environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Experience in Scripting using Python, Powershell, Bash, Ruby
- Understanding of Big Data framework and related technology stack like Hadoop, AVRO, HDFS, MESOS, YARN, NIFI, MapReduce, Spark
- Experience in Relational Database like Postgres, MySQL and comfortable in SQL querying
- Experience in Messaging Systems like Kafka, ActiveMQ
- Experience in Search Engines like Elasticsearch
This leading Security and defence company is definitely the place to enhance your technical skillset as well as career progression.
If you possess a keen learning attitude and enjoy working in a fast paced environment this role is a great job opportunity for you.
Apply for this exciting role today!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874335 Helen Lee