Consultant Helen Lee (R1874335)
Date posted 23 January 2019 2019-01-232019-03-24 it Singapore Singapore SG SGD 5600 10000 10000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Test Engineer job based in Singapore has just become available at Security and Defence company.
About the Test Engineer Role:
A Technical Test Engineer is able to increase the scope and efficiency of testing using in-depth knowledge and experience in technical testing techniques such as Risk Based Testing, Structured Based Testing, Analytical Techniques, Reviews and Quality Characteristic Testing to address technical risks.
- Analyses test requirements, designing and producing re-usable test scripts and specifying requirements for environments, data and test tools required
- Reviews test artefacts, test results and modify test suite produced by peers as necessary
- Defines and creates test cases from the analysis of non-functional specifications
- Designs and executes performance test scripts, security tests and define and executes usability tests with the client
- Executes system and integration test using different tools for functional / non-functional testing of medium to high complexity
- Executes site and user acceptance test using different tools for functional / non-functional testing of medium to high complexity
- Creates medium to high complexity front end and back end automated scripts. Capable to troubleshoot automated test technical issues
- Exploits appropriate test methods, languages, libraries and techniques and apply these to software engineering tasks to realise the most effective outcome
- Takes the lead in setting priorities (Risk Based) and road map for test solutions (API, Condition Testing) to be used in the business unit
- Contributes to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing / recommending mitigation strategies
- Executes systems, integration and acceptance test using different tools for functions / non-functional of high complexity
- Writes report detailing findings and recommendations, preparing presentations and communicating with clients on the results of testing
- Demonstrates the ability to select the right automated testing tool and capable of providing ideas and technical advise on how to make best use of the chosen tool to increase test efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrates the ability to solve problems independently using an analytical approach
- Conducts technical testing training and knowledge sharing with team members
- Develops subject matter expertise in related to technical testing (Non-functional, Risk, Condition, Path, API, Decision Testing) within the team
To succeed in this Test Engineer role, you should have good knowledge of and experience in testing as well as hoping for a career in testing.
- Must have at least Bachelor’s Degree specialising in Computer Science or Information Technology with good academic results
- Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills
- The candidate will be a professional, with a minimum of seven years experience in Manual and NFR Testing and will enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic and technically challenging environment
- Excellent understanding of test methodologies, including functional and usability testing in client-server, web and database environments
- Familiarity with full life cycle development process – requirements, documentation, release procedures
- Working knowledge of structured development and test methodologies and processes
- Proven experience of test and defect management tools, e.g. Quality Center, ClearQuest, SPIRA, Atlassian Jira, GreenHopper and Agile
- Experience of both UI and back-end testing
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces and/or of data driven, back-end testing
- Experience of working on customer site and building close working relationships with customers and end users
- Experience executing, managing and achieving sign-off for site and user acceptance testing activities
This leading Security and Defence definitely somewhere to gain your technical knowledge as well as career progression.
If you possess a keen learning attitude and enjoy working in a fast paced environment this role is a great job opportunity for you.
Apply for this exciting role today!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874335 Helen Lee