Assistant Director - IT Security
Salary SGD50000 - SGD80000 per annum
Consultant Cynthia Cheung (R1875098)
Date posted 28 November 2018 2018-11-28public-sector-and-housing 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
A regulatory body within the APAC region is looking for an Associate Director to join their IT Security and Risk team. Reporting to the Director of IT Security and Risk, your main responsibility as an Associate Directory of IT Security is to stay updated on the latest trends and vulnerabilities to ensure the organisation's cyber defences and processes are up to date.
About the Associate Director of IT Security Role:
As the Associate Director of IT Security, you are responsible for cyber threat assessment, reporting, threat hunting, incident response and forensics.
- Perform threat monitoring, research and analysis with assessments on cyber security risks at a strategic level
- Proactively monitor on the cyber threat landscape by researching on latest security threats and vulnerabilities
- Perform analytics and correlations using information gathered from a variety of sources to provide stakeholders with information on the cyber security landscape
- Analyse malicious activities, including deep web searching, to determine potential weaknesses, exploitation methods and effects on system and information on a pre-emptive basis
- Provide strategic guidance and recommendation on threat responses to stakeholders
- Perform proactive analysis of a variety of sources to identify potential possible threats to cyber security
- Perform event correlation using intelligence information gathered from a variety of sources to gain situational awareness
- Characterise and analyse network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential external or insider threats to IT systems
- Monitor external data sources to maintain currency of threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise and financial sector
- Analyse identified malicious activity to update stakeholders on weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods and effects on system and information
- Determine and publish tactics, techniques and procedures for intrusion sets as well as the effectiveness of an observed attack
- Correlate incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and make recommendations that enable expeditious remediation
- Perform real-time cyber incident handling
To succeed in this job, the Associate Director of IT Security must have strong knowledge of the cyber threat landscape and keep up to date on potential cyber threats.
- Possess at least five years of experience in IT Security, Risk or Cybersecurity
- Possess a degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
- CISSP, CISM, CISA designations are preferred
This is a great opportunity for those looking to move into a regulatory role with a well-known organisation in APAC. This company is known in the market for being at the forefront of cyber threat intelligence.
If you are a talented and focused IT specialist seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1875098 Cynthia Cheung