Programme Director - Data Protection
Salary SGD20000 - SGD27000 per month
Consultant Cynthia Cheung (R1875098)
Date posted 12 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A rare Programme Director - Data Protection job based in Singapore has become available at a global investment bank. Reporting to the Head of Security Transformation, you will be driving the strategic direction of the data protection capability and help run the security transformation plan for the bank.
About the Programme Director - Data Protection Role:
The Security Technology Services team oversees cyber security services for the bank, protecting the bank from cyber security threats and responding to security incidents.
In this business-critical role, you will sit within the Security Technology Services group to deliver parallel projects related to cyber security and manage stakeholder expectations across global offices.
- Understand the bank’s current data protection processes and tooling, along with the underlying risks and issues
- Define the strategic direction for the domain and the short, medium and long-term roadmap for delivery of a capability that will protect the bank’s critical data from ongoing cyber and internal threats and demonstrably reduce the bank’s risk exposure
- Manage a roadmap to deliver tangible and incremental capability uplift
- Build and manage a team of SMEs to deliver on the roadmap
- Identify areas for business efficiency gains through technical enhancements, rationalisation, orchestration or process redesign
- Identify, select and onboard new technology as required
- Understand the technical infrastructure challenges and complexities that exist within each stream
- Identify and manage architectural, technical and deployment risk, escalating to the accountable executive and business with strategies to mitigate that risk
- Ensure effective engagement across the portfolio, follow consistent and rigorous reporting and effective management of programme and cross-portfolio risks and issues
- Provide a single point of contact for the STS MT into the data protection programme and clear accountability for delivery into the data protection domain
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to obtain buy-in for the service and manage the escalations and expectations accordingly
To succeed in this Programme Director - Data Protection role, you should be capable of managing a team of 30 experienced SMEs.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in information security, preferably within financial institutions or consultancies
- Possess at least 12 years' experience in designing and implementing security/cyber solutions
- Strong and proven programme management skills (and PMP certification)
- Must be experienced in a complex, multicultural organisation and an advocate of collaborative work
- Must be able to engage with (commercials) and manage external (vendor) resources
- Experience in key technologies – encryption/PKI, Certificate Lifecycle Management, HSMs, Data Loss Prevention tools (preferably Symantec), Data Discovery/Classification, Information Rights Management
This is a renowned global bank that needs no introduction.
If you are driven and eager to advance in your career, this Programme Director - Data Protection job is the role for you.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1875098 Cynthia Cheung