Cyber Security Research Engineer
Consultant Stefanie Padilla
Date posted 02 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A rapidly-expanding start-up firm that specialises in R&D has a job opportunity for a Cyber Security Research Engineer with good experience in vulnerability assessment. Based in Singapore, your main responsibility will be to conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration testing against different technological domains.
About the Cyber Security Research Engineer Role:
As a result of business opportunities, this start-up firm is looking for a Cyber Security Research Engineer to be part of their expanding team based in Singapore. This is a newly-created role where you will be tasked to analyse software and firmware designs and implementation from a security perspective, and highlight/resolve any emerging risks in a timely manner.
- Work closely with key stakeholders (internal and external) to recommend cyber defence and countermeasures for product designs
- Perform security assessment using automated and ad-hoc tools, manual exploitation, and reverse engineering
- Validate vulnerability assessment and penetration testing
- Conduct technical malware analysis and prevent cyber security attacks
- Constantly keep up to date with the latest cyber security solutions, services, platforms and infrastructure
To succeed in this role, you should have at least five years' working experience in cyber security and come from a VAPT background.
- Experience with open source and free security solutions
- Security certifications will be an added advantage
- Candidates who do not have a cyber security background but are keen to develop into this field are welcome to apply but need to come from a strong programming background for scripting and coding in more than one language
This start-up firm is currently in its growth phase. With a portfolio of good clients, they are looking at bringing the firm to its next stage of growth. They have the people, backing and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a talented and focused Cyber Security Research Engineer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with a start-up company that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: Stefanie Padilla