Endpoint Security Engineer
Salary SGD5000 - SGD6000 per month
Consultant Muzammil Mohamed (R1653151)
Date posted 13 January 2017
An exciting Endpoint Security Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected global electronics manufacturing firm based in Singapore.
About the Endpoint Security Engineer role:
As a member of the Global Security team, the Endpoint Security Engineer position for Japan plays a pivotal role in ensuring the endpoint security estate of Japan is consistently deployed, optimised and in perfect condition to mitigate security incidents.
- Deployment of endpoint security tools in the Japan region
- Assist with the design, implementation and further maturing of the endpoint security estate within Japan, as well as managing associated operational processes
- Build relationships with various technical teams of local sites and ensure appropriate knowledge transfer is performed, acting as the main liaison between central teams and local Japan teams
- Business-As-Usual endpoint security operations to identify, respond and mitigate operational and security incidents
- Act as the first point of escalation contact for relevant operational issues and security incidents within the region
- Ensure clear understanding of the issues and timely response by performing appropriate task delegation and follow up with various sites and IS teams within Japan
To succeed in this System Engineer (Security) position, you will need to have the ability to work effectively, independently and cooperatively with senior business development teams across the region.
To succeed in this role, you should have minimum 5 years' experience in IT systems operations with good exposure to technical IT or security controls (network, server, client, web, access control, email).
- Good command of Japanese in reading, writing and speaking is essential, as the candidate would need to work closely with Japanese-speaking counterparts and stakeholders and translate documents in Japanese
- Good communication skills in English
- Strong system engineering base (mainly WINTEL server and client)
- Has worked in a role where there is a requirement to be regularly on duty / on call, using different levels of tickets and associated response times
- Good understanding of network concepts, routing, switching, transport/application layer protocols
- Experience in a large enterprise environment (thousands of assets and surrounding security controls)
The Japan region for this multinational electronic manufacturing company is one of the most diverse and technically complex environments as it covers a large factory footprint, several R&D centres and various sales and marketing companies. This multinational electronic manufacturing company needs no introduction and is easily recognised as a leader in its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are a confident people-person and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards and experience gained will be significant. This company is very focused on developing and training its team to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to make the move into an endpoint security specialisation, this Endpoint Security Engineer role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting job.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653151 Muz Mohamed