Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Muzammil Mohamed (R1653151)
Date posted 18 October 20192019-10-18 2019-12-17 it singapore SG SGD 15000 17000 17000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Infrastructure Director job has just become available at one of the most respected FMCG firms based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the CIO, this is a role for a director who is a leader in their field.
About the Infrastructure Director Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside four other country directors. You will also take the lead providing direction to all marketing-related activities, including technology management, market research and project management.
- Work with the global hybrid cloud DevOps team
- Lead local delivery team that is responsible for the design, implementation and operation of the infrastructure offerings
- Own the hybrid cloud product release and virtualisation progress against timelines and coordinating required involvement of technology resources, the delivery team, shared services, GOCs and technology support functions as needed to meet established timelines
- Drive refreshes for the hybrid cloud strategy on an ongoing basis to continually shape key messages, ensure the strategy is kept top-of-mind and ‘evergreen’. Key elements to be refreshed include: the development and operations framework, flow based operating model and public cloud adoption
- Deliver operational excellence across all responsible areas including OPCx, VPCx, non-SDDC and LMDW locations within ASPAC region
- Use public cloud experience is refining hybrid cloud strategy and tailor it to the ASPAC regional needs
- Assemble updates to the appropriate governance bodies (e.g. Technology Services LT)
- Facilitate the creation and ongoing maintenance of the flow based operating model adoption and execution metrics and report progress on a regular basis to the leadership team. Establish and facilitate a hybrid cloud forum with cross functional and local representation to share individual successes, challenges, experiences and approaches
- Relationship management: Partner collaboratively with Head of AS, product lines and key technical, process and functional leaders across technology to ensure successful platform implementation
To succeed in this Infrastructure Director role, you will need to have a high degree of technology delivery experience, technology strategy subject matter expertise/experience, and independent judgement. You are expected to operate based on general guidance from the LT members regarding priorities and imperatives.
- Minimum of 15 years' diversified technology experience is required. Demonstrated success applying Lean Six Sigma/Flow methodologies is preferred
- Previous experience required in the implementation and on-going delivery of a global operational strategy while providing leadership oversight to global teams
- Minimum of two years' experience is a must within public cloud implementation and architecture solutions in AWS and/or Azure and/or Ali Cloud
- Previous experience in virtualised data centre environments is a must with detailed technical knowledge of various compute, storage and software defined networking implementations
- Knowledge and experience with AI, ML for self healing infrastructure capabilities is nice to have
- Hands-on development expertise and knowledge of “Infrastructure as code”, Devops, CI/CD
- Proven people management experience required in managing both direct and indirect reports globally. Experience in vendor and contractor management
- Strategic planning responsibilities (past/current)
- Experience in creating and the ongoing maintenance of the enterprise IT strategy adoption
- Experience and ability to demonstrate accomplishments on maximising IT-enabled business value delivery through strategic business operations measurement, enterprise solution leverage, cost optimisation and technology-enabled innovation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate across all management and organisational levels
- Exceptional leadership, networking, and influencing skills to create alignment of senior global cross-functional, cross sector stakeholders
- Experience in large scale healthcare environments with varied sector exposure is preferred
- Willingness to travel as needed
This international FMCG firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment. They have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Infrastructure Director job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653151 Muz Mohamed