Technical Manager (12 months contract)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Muzammil Mohamed (R1653151)
Date posted 05 August 20192019-08-05 2019-09-04 it singapore SG SGD 8000 10000 10000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Technical Manager (12 months contract) job has just become available at one of the most respected global IT firms based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Regional Manager, this is a role for a manager who is a leader in their field.
About the Technical Manager (12 months contract) Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for defining the broad technology strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside four other country marketing directors. You will also take the lead providing direction to all technology-related activities, including service management, market updates, IT management and submissions.
- Provide onsite, client facing technical management overseeing the day to day support of a clients end user and infrastructure support needs
- Management of a small onsite team of Hentsū Support Engineers
- Adhering to stringent SLAs
- Management of third-party suppliers/vendors in the pursuit of successful incident resolution
- Strive to continuously improve day to day client facing operations
- Management of client expectations and paying close attention to VIPs and key stakeholders
- Strive for the local support team to develop and implement automation tools and service management process improvements
- Become the trusted technical advisor for the client
- Manage escalations and high severity incidents through to resolution
- Work as part of a global support team servicing the needs of the Hentsū client
To succeed in the Technical Manager (12 months contract) job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior technical teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Experience working in a third line role, supporting on-premise infrastructure including storage, networking, virtualised environments, windows-based servers, desktops, active directory environments and related applications
- Experience managing a small technical team
- Experience monitoring and supporting complex environments, in client facing roles with stringent SLAs
- Basic understanding of IP networking such as addressing, TCP/IP, subnets, VLANs, and routing
- Basic support of switches, routers, WAN, firewalls and proxies
- Experience working with support ticketing systems, documenting issues and resolutions
- Experience working in a global 24/7 support team
- Experience or training with ITIL
- Customer focused, with outstanding and proven customer service and communication skills and proven experience with working on client locations in highly stressful and demanding situations
- Collaboration and development tools, such as Atlassian suite, version control systems like Git
This international IT firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Technical Manager (12 months contract) job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653151 Muz Mohamed