Regional Digital Director
Salary Market aligned
Consultant David Bolton (R1768959)
Date posted 18 June 20192019-06-18 2019-08-17 fmcg Singapore SG SGD 300000 500000 500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Regional Digital Director job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading FMCG company. You will be responsible for the company's digital road map and Centre of Excellence. There is a strong preference for the candidate to be an expert in technology innovation and data and analytics, who can also set out a digital marketing strategy.
About this Regional Digital Director role:
Based in Singapore, you will be responsible for establishing the Regional Digital Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Singapore and for developing a three-year roadmap for the digital strategy in Asia Pacific. You will be responsible for overall oversight, coordination of CoE’s activities and team and stakeholder (Regional, OpCo, Global) management. You will start building a multi-disciplinary team to accelerate the development of digital initiatives and regional roll-out to transform and strengthen the OpCo businesses. As the first Digital Regional Director in the Region, you will be a driving force in setting up the CoE and establishing the full digital strategy for the region.
- Digital imperatives
- Digital marketing – Social listening, social brand protection, digital marketing innovation
- e-commerce – Multi-device / mobile first, B2B and B2C, omni-channel, digital disruption
- Data management and analytics – Integrated analytics, interactive dashboards, data governance
- Technical and digital innovation – Artificial intelligence, augmented reality, new platforms, digital manufacturing
- Team management
- Building the team and office – recruitment, onboarding and reviewing of employees, process design, and building the office
- Determine the Regional Hub team’s priorities
- Shareholder management and global synergies
- Pro-actively maintaining relations with internal and external stakeholders (global, regional and digital strategic partners)
- Drive capturing of a cross-region synergies for the benefit of the company
- Measures of success
- First six months – setting up of the Regional Digital Centre of Excellence
- Establish the three-year digital strategy for Asia Pacific
- Set realistic targets and measures of success in pace with the vision
To succeed in this Regional Digital Director role, you should have multiple years' management experience in a large-scale, preferably international organisation. You should be a proven team leader and coach, and have a commercial way of thinking and a sharp eye for dashboards, KPIs, and data-driven decision-making. You should also be entrepreneurial and able to translate long-term strategy into concrete plans. This is a leadership role requiring proactiveness and determination to create change.
- Bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in business, marketing or IT engineering
- At least 15 years' experience in an international environment
- Significant years of understanding the Asia Pacific digital landscape
- Driven by achieving business results, commercially and analytically strong
- Competency in using data insights (dashboards, KPIs) effectively for decision-making
- Affinity and interest in digital strategy and execution, able to learn very fast, and eager to continuously improve
- Excellent communication skills, able to forge alliances and align stakeholders
- Service-oriented with a proactive mindset
- Proven team leadership skills and an effective problem solver
- Able to anticipate both NV and regional stakes and views
- Agile way of working and looking forward to building an agile organisation
- Fluent English speaker
This is a leading FMCG multinational company with a large presence in Asia. If you have an affinity with digital strategy and wish to take your career forward with an industry leader, this Regional Digital Director role will be a good fit for you.
Apply today or contact me for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1768959 David Bolton