Desktop Engineer APAC (Professional Services)
Location Singapore RiverFULL_TIME
Consultant Muzammil Mohamed (R1653151)
Date posted 29 April 20192019-04-29 2019-06-28 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
An exciting Desktop Engineer APAC (Professional Services) job has just become available at one of the most professional services firms based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Desktop Manager APAC, this is a role for a engineer who is a strong individual contributor in their field.
About the Desktop Engineer APAC (Professional Services) Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside other desktop engineers in the region.
- Provide 1st line and 2nd line support to all local staff with hardware and/or application related issues; via escalations from the Service Desk, phone, email or in person
- Work with the IT Operations team to support normal operations and/or make changes/upgrades under IT
- Maintaining telephone systems
- Voice and data patch panel configuration
- Maintain, update and reimage Surface Pros
- Install, upgrade and troubleshoot printers, Surface docks, audio / video conference peripherals, and other IT equipment
- Carry out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of hardware and software
- Setup mobile phones
To succeed in the Desktop Engineer APAC (Professional Services) job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business heads and operational teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Minimum three years' IT support experience
- Experience of using call logging software
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Good knowledge of relevant IT software/hardware:
- MS Windows 7/10 (installation/configuration/support)
- Knowledge with MS Surface Pro and other laptops/desktops
- MS Windows 2003/2008/2016 Server (user level administration)
- Basic knowledge in networking, LAN / WAN technologies
- Experience with Azure and Intune desirable
- MS Office 2007, 2010 and 2016 (installation/configuration/support)
- Knowledge of Office 365 and MS Exchange 2007 (mailbox level administration), Sharepoint
- Mobile device management
- Knowledge with Sophos Anti-virus desirable
- Multiple browser (installation/configuration/support)
This professional services firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Desktop Engineer APAC (Professional Services) job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653151 Muz Mohamed