Head of IT Strategic Operations
Consultant Julia Balakireva (R1871133)
Date posted 18 December 2018 2018-12-182019-02-15 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading global platform is looking for Head of IT Strategic Operations, reporting to CIO with the mission to enable Technology to support Strategy.
About the Head of IT Strategic Operations Role:
This highly visible role will lead and drive strategic initiatives to increase IT&S organisational capability and efficiency. As a proven business manager and strategic leader in other IT organisations, CIO’s successful candidate will thrive in ambiguity, build strategic programs and lead change in order to grow a global business.
- IT&S Operational Programs
- Serve as the central point of the organisation for the CIO, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of strategic operational rhythms that include and are not limited to: strategic planning process, monthly business operating reviews, KPI tracking and reporting, and leadership management meetings
- Own the annual planning and budget preparation process, as well as executive roll-ups and briefs
- Ensure the CIO and the leadership team are fully briefed and prepared for key deliverables and business activities, including research, presentation creation, executive briefings, financial reviews, board materials, monthly business reviews, and annual planning
- Manage various IT programs and efforts, such as employee engagement plans, diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, training and development programs, and IT&S brand
- IT&S Business Strategy
- Closely partner with the CIO, her leadership team and business partners in creating the strategy and management of the business of IT
- Own the strategy development and execution of workforce strategies to support the needs of the talent acquisition and the global/regional business
- Create and manage the communication strategy and content within IT&S to keep team-players informed and create excitement on key initiatives and updates from the IT&S organisation
- Assist in the development of an external speaking presence, including strategies and content
- IT Risk and Governance
- With the Head of IT&S Risk and Governance as a direct report, and tight partnerships with Data Protection Officer, head of Compliance and head of Security, you will: 1) grow and mature the risk and governance function that includes compliance to SOX, GDPR, and security controls as well as other company policies; 2) own the strategy and roadmap execution for key security and governance capabilities that will continue to increase our maturity
- Lead the planning and readiness for external business ventures that may include integration of future mergers, acquisitions and deep partnerships
- Participate as a key contributor to enterprise architecture and software governance practices.
- IT Enterprise Service Management Applications and Tools
- In close collaboration with the ITS leadership team, you will own the platform strategy and execution of a roadmap to deliver and operate an enterprise service management capability to serve the IT business and other shared services
- Own the development, support and life cycle management of a core set of home grown tools used and globally, as well as cross functional productivity tools
- With an eye for increasing productivity and efficiency, you will evaluate the importance and the needs of many underutilised productivity tools and take ownership of the governance and support of these tools
To succeed in this job, you should have over 10 years of relevant experience, including strong experiences in either leading or working closely with both IT risk and governance and security functions.
- BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience within the IT organisation of a high-growth company in the technology sector. Management consulting experience is a plus, and an MBA is preferred but not required
- Has successfully lead a function responsible for software development and support at the enterprise level, and leads through customer experience and design, supported by strong operational excellence
- Validated self-starter with strong-problem solving skills, deeply organised with unfailing attention to detail
- Extremely pro-active, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them
- Ability to plan and organise with and through people is critical to success
- Well-developed financial/quantitative analytical skills and superb written, presentation and verbal communication skills
This leading global services firm is highly regarded and great value is placed on training and development.
If you are a Head of IT Strategic Operations with solid experience with technology solutions and you would like to take the next challenge for yourself, this is job for you.
Apply today or send me your CV, to discuss the details.