Solutions Consultant (Windows/VMWare)
Salary SGD7000 - SGD8000 per monthFULL_TIME
Consultant Muzammil Mohamed (R1653151)
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-24 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
An exciting Solutions Consultant (Windows/VMWare) job has just become available at one of the most sought after IT firms based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Business Manager, this is a role for a marketer who is a leader in their field.
About the Solutions Consultant (Windows/VMWare) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside business managers.
- Assist and help define and drive account strategy in conjunction with sales force
- Support sales calls and qualify opportunities with the Assistant Managers and Senior Managers, may be the first IT Simplification point of contact with the client during sales cycle, presenting the company's approach and experience
- Identify any gaps between customer needs and product capability and work towards resolving any issues that may exist
- Orchestrate pre-sales activities involving engagement of other Technical Consultant resources, organising and monitoring POCs, product demonstration that relate to specific opportunities
- Network with other technical and marketing organisations such as product management
- Discuss basic implementation strategies with customers and establish credibility with the client
- Drive regular internal continuation review sessions throughout the engagement to get extended team input on current deliverables and potential future business
- Joint responsibility with sales for successfully closing continuation opportunities including generation and sign off for client Statement of Work and supporting purchase orders
- Interface with external third party vendors and internal cross-functional teams (engineer and technical consultant), ensure on-time delivery of technical solutions, and compliance for product specifications and accuracy as per RFQ response
To succeed in the Solutions Consultant (Windows/VMWare) job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or relevant field; diploma holders with relevant experience will also be considered
- At least four years' relevant working experience in similar environment
- Experience in providing IT infrastructure solutions; strong understanding and good knowledge of system technologies such as servers, SAN/NAS storage, backup, security, server/storage virtualisation, server OS, databases and data centre solutions
- Strong presentation skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer interface skills
- Must have strong knowledge of Linux, Windows, Windows Server, VMWare, Hyper-V
- Strong knowledge of cloud fundamentals and principles
- Azure and Office 365 knowledge preferred
- Demonstrable experience in one or more of the following: consulting services, project management, business analysis, PaaS/SaaS/IaaS implementations
- Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills in English
- Experience of scoping and writing statements of work (SOWs)
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively in a high-pressure sales environment
This IT firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Solutions Consultant (Windows/VMWare) job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653151 Muz Mohamed