Senior Systems Administrator (Global)
Salary SGD8000 - SGD10000 per monthFULL_TIME
Consultant Muzammil Mohamed (R1653151)
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-24 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
An exciting Senior Systems Administrator (Global) job has just become available at one of the most respected IT firms based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Global Infrastructure team, this is a role for a senior engineer who is a leader in their field.
About the Senior Systems Administrator (Global) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for defining the broad infrastructure strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside four other country senior systems administrator. You will also take the lead providing direction for all infrastructure activities.
- Managing over 500+ virtual servers – Windows 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and 2016 with vSphere client 5.5 and soon vCenter 6.7 web interface
- Managing backups using Veeam, NetApp SMVI and SME, Livevault
- Administering Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, LDAP and Group Policy on Windows 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and 2016 Server
- Managing Microsoft patches, service packs and feature releases through WSUS and SCCM
- Enhancing team productivity and automated repetitive tasks by using batch files, PowerShell, VBScript
- Performing software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- MS Exchange 2010 and 2016 administration, including global rules, policies, monitoring, scripting, upgrades, sizing, etc. With a very good understanding on messaging principle (mx and SPF records, S/mime signature, encryption, etc.)
To succeed in the Senior Systems Administrator (Global) job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with infrastructure and operations teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Minimum seven years' hands-on experience (in system admin) with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Networking topology global understanding (DMZ, load balancing, firewall, Vlans, etc…), preferably Checkpoint firewalls
- Windows Server Administration (Windows 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016)
- VMware ESXi and vCenter administration (from 5.5 to current)
- Active Directory Domain Services administration, including MS internal PKI
- Team player with an open, non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours and travel if required
This international IT firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Systems Administrator (Global) job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653151 Muz Mohamed