Head of IT Infrastructure
Salary SGD15000 - SGD19000 per month
Consultant David Bolton (R1768959)
Date posted 21 May 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Head of IT Infrastructure job has just been made available at a leading real estate firm based in Singapore. You will play an important role in ensuring the successful launch of new solutions and enhancements, supporting end-user adoption, and continually evaluating new technologies and updating the technology landscape to modernise the business and provide services and solutions that will help a lean business run as efficiently and smoothly as possible.
About the Head of IT Infrastructure role:
Reporting to the Head of Group Information Management & Technology, you will be accountable for the overall technical direction and support of the IT infrastructure. The primary objectives of the position will be to drive quality in technology operations, agility in delivery, develop a service orientation, and position and enable the company for growth through digital scale. The Head of IT Infrastructure’s charter will be to ensure the smooth running of technology infrastructure. You will directly and appropriately participate in the vision, planning, design, implementation and support of all network, IT data centres, data and analytics, telephony and audio-visual, security and IT operations. You will also manage a small team of engineers distributed across several countries, a managed services partner, and several vendors.
- Oversee the 24/7/365 operations of infrastructure including telecommunications, workstations, end-user computing and support, service desk, telephony and audio-video equipment and teleconferencing
- Oversee the vision, direction and support of all IT infrastructure, internal/co-location/cloud data centres, networks, disaster recovery, and vendor management as it relates to global networks, server and storage management, end-user telecommuting/collaboration, telephony, video conferencing, and security
- Guide and supervise Country IT Operations teams
- All management of the outsourced and third-party vendors for IT services, support, products, and integration
- Establish technical IT/AV infrastructure standards, with regard to platforms, frameworks and roadmaps; ensure that these technical standards are communicated and used effectively throughout application development
- Provide IT infrastructure leadership to ensure that the portfolio of applications is fundamentally sound and fully integrated
- Provide leadership over existing and new programs, policies and procedures for IT Infrastructure operations and IT security operations
- Continuously work to improve the IT infrastructure organisations operation through evaluation and implementation of industry best practices, benchmark analysis and metrics
- Effectively and regularly communicate upgrades and changes to the end-user community
- Hands-on, 24/7, personal touch to provide end-user care; subsequent regular communication through change management initiatives and monitoring the technical operations of all layers of IT infrastructure
- Support the corporate innovation agenda by creating a dynamic IT infrastructure organisation and environment
- Effectively manage the expense and capital budget, ensuring that the system requirements are known and socialised through effective planning and communication with the stakeholders, including an agreed-upon prioritisation process that reflects the company’s goals
- Manage IT resource requirements to ensure appropriate balance between tactical and strategic demands
- Motivate and lead an organisation that effectively supports the business by hiring, developing and retaining highly qualified staff
To succeed in this Head of IT Infrastructure role, you should have experience working in a managed IT infrastructure shared services environment and possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in planning, designing, implementing and managing IT Infrastructure environments in a similar leadership position for a medium to large multinational organisations (preferably in the real estate industry)
- Familiarity in working in a managed IT infrastructure shared services environment
- Experience working in a professional services organisations undertaking large-scale and transformational IT infrastructure projects will be an advantage
- Excellent understanding of project management methodology and experience in implementing large-scale IT infrastructure initiatives
- Strong leadership, self-starting and possesses good interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding and application of ITSM frameworks
- Strong team player and experience working closely with Enterprise Application Systems and IT Governance peers
- Able to communicate confidently either verbally or in written form is essential
- Excellent analytical skills that pay close attention to details and exhibit initiative and strong desire to achieve results
- Demonstrate strong understanding in Microsoft products and solutions
- Experience in managing a hybrid cloud environment (with particular emphasis on Microsoft Azure)
- Strong ability to proactively and assertively manage and resolve project issues and challenges
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and motivate team to achieve desired results
- Experience in managing IT infrastructure in a DevOps environment will be advantageous
- Knowledgeable and proactive in keeping up to speed with upcoming technologies such as containerisation, edge computing, etc.
This real estate firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise.. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of IT Infrastructure job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1768959 David Bolton