Chief Information Officer
Salary SGD320000 - SGD390000 per annum
Consultant David Bolton (R1768959)
Date posted 02 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Chief Information Officer job has just become available at one of the most exciting start-ups based in Singapore. This is a role for a Chief Information Officer who is a leader in their field.
About the Chief Information Officer role:
You will be responsible for all experiential aspects of the company's customer, partner, and employee journeys that relate to information and technology. You will work with Executive Management to grow the company’s value through the use of technological resources and information. Using a combination of innovative, active and practical approach, you will direct all employees in IT and IO departments to attain the company’s strategic goals established in the company’s strategic plan.
- Establish the company’s experiences for customers, partners, and employees as they relate to technology and information with the CEO, and lead all aspects of its development
- Direct the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth via data analysis, business intelligence, and thorough understanding of future macro and micro technology and information trends
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide leadership to department heads
- Coordinate and integrate with existing organisational teams, technologies, platforms and processes, and innovations
- Conduct research and case studies on leading edge technology, content, and information experiences and make determinations on the probability of implementation
- Develop, test, iterate, replicate, scale, operate and support new customer experiences using technology and information
- Train non-technical people on front-line customer support of new customer experiences using technology and information; create, maintain, and enforce policies to maintain consistency of quality in the user experience
- Establish partnerships with external third parties to increase speed of innovation, testing, implementation, replication, and scaling
- Analyse customer profile, usage, and purchase data to improve customer targeting, engagement, retention, and monetisation
- Evaluate new equipment, software and processes continuously, recommend changes as appropriate and supervise their installation
- Write department annual budgets and administer funds according to budget approval
- Maintain security of all data proprietary to the company and provide for the complete backup of all computer systems in case of system failure or disaster
To succeed in this Chief Information Officer role, you should have experience in building multiple technical products as well as an ability to communicate and motivate all levels of staff.
- BS in relevant fields or BA in Applied Mathematics (or related areas such as Linguistics) with the equivalent of 10 years' experience in creating user experiences using technology and information, with at least five years' management and strategic experience
- Built multiple technical products in a technical capacity in the last five years, with at least one from scratch
- Experience in building customer experiences involving both software and hardware in the last three years
- Experience in leading rapid product development/prototype in the last three years
- Experience in instituting continuous innovation in the last three years
- Experience in attracting, developing, and retaining top talent, particularly technical employees or partners
- Experience in conducting software design reviews and code reviews
- Experience in developing and maintaining system that are data intensive, have both front-end customer users and back-end analysts and administrators, across both web, client, and mobile platforms
- Experience in integrating new technology over the past five years, including but not limited to AI, robotics, IoT, VR, AR, MR, cryptocurrency, e-commerce, distribution, social networks, and devices
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Ability to think and act strategically, with an entrepreneurial and proactive mind-set
- Experience in being effective in organisations that have hierarchical and lateral dependencies and reporting structures
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
This exciting start-up has a true ambition to be the number one in the market and is looking to achieve this through implementing innovative and emerging technologies. The culture is demanding and collaborative; if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Chief Information Officer job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1768959 David Bolton