Virtualisation and Storage Engineer
Salary SGD9000 - SGD11000 per annum + Share Options
Consultant Max Johnson (R1987561)
Date posted 28 November 20192019-11-28 2020-01-27 it Singapore SG SGD 9000 11000 11000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Virtualisation and Storage Engineer job has just become available at one of the most exciting consultancy start-ups growing its footprint further here in Singapore. You will be responsible for managing and monitoring virtualisation clusters and different hardware layers to support the production environments. The role requires knowledge of different infrastructure areas like network, storage, virtualisation, Windows and Linux to coordinate tasks.
About the Virtualisation and Storage Engineer Role:
In this business critical role you will be required to work closely with the teams throughout the business to ensure all aspects infrastructure are managed accordingly.
- Set up and manage VMware infrastructure and OpenStack clusters on production and offices
- Finetune VMs configurations to get the best performance/resource consumption
- Detect virtual machine issues, monitoring and ownership of standards and requirements
- Regularly check capacity for the infrastructure and plan tasks for the team
- Provide tools and procedures for resources provisioning
- Document the process and procedures
- Propose VMs provisioning solutions to be analysed and/or implemented
- Responsible for setting up of new hardware to support virtualised infrastructure
- Proactively develop scripts and tools to increase productivity
- Participate in the disaster recovery strategy
- Oversee virtual machine back-ups
- Being active part of the migration from managed hardware to cloud solutions
To succeed in the Virtualisation and Storage Engineer job, you will need to have a number of years of industry experience in enterprise-level virtualisation, designing, implementing and maintaining VMware ESXi servers and clusters.
- Excellent operating knowledge of NetApp storage technologies, Cisco SAN Switches, Symantec NetBackup and Veeam back-up and replication
- Minimum of three years' experience as the key storage administrator of a mission-critical storage system consisting of at least one fibre channel SAN system (AND one NAS system).
- Solid scripting and automation to improve operational activities and projects
- Designing for high availability
- Experience in the maintenance of virtualisation clusters: VMware and Openstack
- Experience with infrastructure capacity planning and monitoring
- Experience installing/deploying Linux and Windows OS in VMs
- Diagnostic of and troubleshooting common guest/host issues
- Solid Unix/Linux Administration (RedHat, CentOS)
- Experience with VSAN and VCOPS is an asset
- Experience with DR solutions
- Experience with different cloud solutions and migration projects
- Ability to work on a rotational shift basis, on weekends, and outside of typical business hours
This international consultancy business is very well regarded as being one of the rising brands in the business consultancy space, specialising in software design and development. They partner very closely with their clients to identify the fundamental value proposition of their business and then identify and build the technology that supports success. Clients include start-ups through to multinationals so you will never see a "one size fits all" approach to the work they do.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities and fantastic financial rewards await the right person in this exciting Virtualisation and Storage Engineer role.
Apply today or call me at 6228 5366.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1987561 Max Johnson