Cloud / SRE Engineer
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Brett Lockett (R1440023)
Date posted 04 November 20192019-11-04 2020-01-03 it Singapore SG SGD 180000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Cloud / SRE Engineer job opportunity has become available at a leading financial services company in Singapore.
About the Cloud / SRE Engineer Role:
In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Infrastructure and work closely with all technology teams across the organisation. Strong end-to-end knowledge of infrastructure, cloud and SRE are required with any experience working within financial services being desirable.
- Building software to help operations and support teams
- Proactively building and implementing services to make IT and support better at their jobs. This can be anything from adjustments to monitoring and alerting to code changes in production
- A site reliability engineer can be tasked with building a homegrown tool from scratch to help with weaknesses in software delivery or incident management
- Develop tooling and processes to drive and improve operations and the support team's experience
- Automate and orchestrate workloads across multiple environments
- Document every action, so that findings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible
- This role should be able to understand what can be automated and how a product stack can be integrated with another product stack
- This role, which is also called Integration Specialists, analyses, designs, and implements strategies for continuous deployments while ensuring high availability on production and pre-production systems.
- The key area of focus is to coordinate and manage the product from development through deployment
- A person who is responsible for ensuring that the DevOps strategy is implemented in the end-to-end development of the product while bringing about a positive difference in the environment
- SRE teams gain exposure to systems in both staging and production, as well as all technical teams
- Take part in work with software development, application support and technology services – build up an enormous amount of historical knowledge over time
- Instead of this knowledge being siloed into the mind of one team or one person, site reliability engineers can be tasked with documenting much of what they know
- Constant upkeep of documentation and runbook can ensure that teams get the information they need right when they require it
- Run the infrastructure with Ansible, Docker, Podman and Kubernetes
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages
To succeed in this role, you must have automation experience with at least one configuration and deployment management systems such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience working at least one of the following languages: Python, Php, Ruby, Java or Node.js
- Proficient in scripting: bash
- Experience working with AWS cloud environment
- Coding infrastructure and application automation with Ansible and terraform
- Improve the Geneos, Corvil, Sevone monitoring or build new metrics
- Help the production support team to deploy and fix new software versions by automation and by creating a reusable framework
- Plan, prepare and execute the migration of e-commerce application and infrastructure projects
- Migrate physicals to virtual machines/cloud. Orchestrate resources via Kubernetes
- Deliver production solutions that scale, identify automation points, and propose ideas on how to improve efficiency
- Propose ideas and solutions within the infrastructure and application support team to reduce the workload by automation
- Plan, design, and execute solutions within the infrastructure team to reach specific goals agreed within the group
- Plan and execute configuration change operations both at the application and the infrastructure level
- Actively look for opportunities to improve the availability and performance of the system by applying the learnings from monitoring and observation
- Log infrastructure and application events and correlation using Splunk, ELK
- Back-end storage management, capacity review and scaling
- Disaster recovery and high availability strategy
- Identify significant projects that result in substantial cost savings or revenue
- Identify changes for the product architecture from the reliability, performance and availability perspective with a data-driven approach
- AWS Certified Professional
- Redhat Certified Engineer (RHCE) / Redhat Certified Architect (RHCA) – Optional
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a key leader within the financial services field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The business is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Cloud / SRE Engineer job in Singapore.
Apply now to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440023 Brett Lockett