Specialist Solution Architect, Database
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Laveena Wasvani (R1876957)
Date posted 21 October 20192019-10-21 2019-12-20 it Singapore SG SGD 15000 20000 20000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Specialist Solution Architect, Database job has just become available at one of the top IT services firms in the world.
About the Specialist Solution Architect, Database Role:
In this role, you will be one of the founding members of a dynamic Asia-Pacific team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organisations. The business development and accounting management teams will help accelerate the adoption of AWS as the leading cloud technology platform. The role is based in Singapore and would be required to travel to support the business across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Design customer solutions, collaborate with AWS field sales, presales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS Database services such Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon Aurora and Amazon Database Migration Services
- Devise strategy and engage with solution architects, account managers professional services and partners to define a database and analytics engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts
- Provide thought leadership on Database solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Big Data Blog, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, as well as internal training of solution architects, professional services consultants, technical account managers, and AWS partners.
- Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the Asia Pacific AWS solution architect community
To succeed in this Specialist Solution Architect, Database role, you must have hands-on experience working with various database systems.
- Equipped with technical and customer-facing skills to be a trusted advisor to customers
- Ability to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Highly technical and analytical, with a minimum of five years' Relational Database implementation, operations and/or technical sales experience
- Very strong Oracle and/or SQL Server experience
- Practical experience with database, administration, performance tuning and troubleshooting on one or more of following: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server and Oracle
- Experience setting up and monitoring/alarming for production database environments
- Exposure to security concepts/best practices
- Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as networking, storage, and hardware optimisation
- Experience in the implementation and tuning experience of databases including knowledge of schema design, query tuning and optimisation, and data migration and integration
- Experience of requirements for the analytics presentation layer including dashboards, reporting, and OLAP
- Experience in database migration e.g. Oracle to OpenSource or Cloud-based database
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations and virtual teams
- Ability to influence and build mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences
- Ability to work across an Asia-Pacific context (Australia/New Zealand, ASEAN, India and Korea)
The company is recognised as one of the top IT Services in the world. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on cutting edge technology, the company would love to have you on the team. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Specialist Solution Architect, Database job.
Apply now to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1876957 Laveena Wasvani