Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Brett Lockett (R1440023)
Date posted 07 October 20192019-10-07 2019-12-06 it Singapore SG SGD 80000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Storage/Backup Engineer opportunity has come available working for a leading financial services company in Singapore.
About the Storage/Backup Engineer Role:
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, you will work closely with all technology teams across the organisation.
- Provide technical support, advice and implementation of solutions to application development group
- Ensure compliance with IT security standards, policies and procedures on implementation and operation
- Periodically perform, plan, manage and administer strategies for servers, databases and file services, etc. in an enterprise hybrid cloud environment to meet operational needs
- Provide and design data backup and middleware solutions with HA and DR capability that meet business SLA
- Perform patching and upgrades
- Monitor systems availability, performance and resource capacity and ensure that they are within the healthy range
- Respond to issues and troubleshoot until resolution
- Automate operational tasks to improve efficiency using tools or scripts
- Work closely with Business groups in advising on appropriate architecture, setting up of infrastructure and right sizing if necessary to optimise resource utilisation
- Work closely with various IT operation teams to support and troubleshoot problems and issues
- Proficient in best practices, new technologies and recommend enhancements and configuration changes for data backup and middleware platform technologies in terms of optimisation and improvement
- Ability to work on weekends as required and provide rotational standby duties
- Manage projects which include planning, scheduling, coordinating and providing solutions
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery tests and exercises
- Validate processes and ensure integrity of backup instances
To succeed in this Storage/Backup Engineer role, you will need to have strong end to end knowledge of infrastructure, storage, backup and scripting. Any experience working within financial services is desirable.
- A good degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum five years' experience in data backup protection and middleware administration
- Experience supporting multi-platforms (Windows, Unix/Linux etc.)
- Experience in the configuration and administration of Backup solution (e.g. Netbackup, Azure/AWS IaaS and PaaS services, Networker, Data Domain, Tape Library, NDMP, ZDLRA, etc.). Technical expertise in configuring and administering data restore, disaster recovery, data backup and recovery for clients and servers
- Experience in the configuration and administration of appliances like Oracle WebLogic, IBM MQ, SWIFT and associated components
- Experience in monitoring, configuration rollout and extraction scripting in korn shell for appliances stated
- Experience in storage analysis, capacity planning and performance planning of storage components
- Experience in setting up cloud platforms and solutions will be an added advantage
- Understand security solutions (e.g. SafeNet) integration
- Good team player who thrives in a dynamic environment and is hungry for new technologies
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a key leader within the financial services field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The business is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Storage/Backup Engineer job in Singapore.
Apply today to leanr more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440023 Brett Lockett