Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Brett Lockett (R1440023)
Date posted 30 August 20192019-08-30 2019-10-29 it Singapore SG SGD 80000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Oracle/SQL DBA opportunity has become available at a leading technology company in Singapore.
About the Oracle/SQL DBA Role:
In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Databases and work closely with all technology teams across the organisation. Strong end-to-end knowledge of infrastructure, oracle, PL/SQL and databases is required with any experience working in the financial services domain being desirable.
- Provide technical support, advice and implementation of database platform solutions to application development group
- Ensure compliance with IT security standards, policies and procedures for database implementation and operations
- Perform regular database re-organisation and maintenance to ensure optimum operation of databases
- Provision and design database with HA and DR capability that meet business SLA
- Perform database patching and upgrades
- Monitor and tune database performance
- Respond to database-related issues and troubleshoot until resolution
- Script and automate database workflows and processes.
- Engineer solutions from the database platform to serve business needs
- Evaluate and implement database platform technologies to provide new capabilities
- Be expected to work on weekends as required and provide rotational standby duties
- A good degree in computer engineering or equivalent
- Two to seven years of relevant working experience in database administration or database design
- Working knowledge as Database Administrator in Oracle 11g, 12c and SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2017
- Technical knowledge on Database PaaS solutions on public cloud (AWS, MS Azure)
- Experience in setting up data platforms solution for microservices, containers or any other cloud native architecture will be an added advantage
- A good team player who thrives in a dynamic environment and is willing to learn new technologies
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a key leader within the technology field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The business is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Oracle/SQL DBA job in Singapore.
Apply now to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440023 Brett Lockett