Network Operations Lead
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Brett Lockett (R1440023)
Date posted 22 August 20192019-08-22 2019-10-21 it Singapore SG SGD 120000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Network Operations Lead job opportunity has become available at a leading technology company in Singapore.
About the Network Operations Lead Role:
As the APAC Network Operations Lead you will be part of the IT infrastructure team responsible for providing high quality IT support for all infrastructure components both in Singapore and across the Asia Pacific region. You will manage and support LAN, WAN, firewall and audio-visual environments, provide technical leadership to the regional team and work closely with our global counterparts.
- Lead the operations team in daily management of LAN and WAN environments, including problem isolation and resolution, performance troubleshooting and monitoring, change management, and incident management
- Be the 2/3 level escalation point for all network incidents and escalate to vendors when necessary
- Maintain and document IP addressing, diagrams and network segmentation
- Deliver and maintain standards, procedures, best practices and documentation
- Ensure all critical equipment and technologies are monitored, with alerts properly set up
- Monitor and perform network health checks daily
- Plan/schedule all weekend/monthly network maintenance activities
- Liaise with regional and global IT teams to deploy and support systems, standards and directives
- Maintain inventory of all equipment under management and perform monthly network reporting
- Maintain business continuity plan and disaster recovery plans for network (data, voice and video)
- Involved in project related work as required
- Degree graduate with at least 8 - 10 years of relevant experience in infrastructure/network
- Technically strong in routing and switching (e.g. BGP, ISIS and EIGRP, VTP, STP, VPC and OTV)
- Strong in firewalls (e.g. Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA)
- Worked on network appliances like Bluecoat proxies, McAfee WebGateway, Citrix Netscaler and Cisco WLC
- Possess technical experience in voice e.g. Cisco CUCM/CMS and Microsoft Lync is essential
- Advanced Cisco certification is required e.g. CCNP and above
- Ability to demonstrate commitment and ownership on a regional and global basis towards a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to act independently in a fast-changing environment
- Experience with integrating/adapting with other operation support teams
- Proficient in both verbal and written English
- Understanding of IPS/IDS, cybersecurity scanner is preferred
- Knowledge on Audio-visual systems e.g. Polycom and Cisco codec is an advantage
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a key leader within the technology field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The business is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Network Operations Lead job.
Apply now to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440023 Brett Lockett