Data Centre Support
Salary Allowances + Bonus
Consultant Laveena Wasvani (R1876957)
Date posted 30 July 20192019-08-14 2019-08-29 it Singapore 100 Lor 23 Geylang, Singapore 388398 SG 388398 SGD 2000 2500 2500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting position for a Data Centre Support has just become available in one of the most renowned global IT Firms based in Singapore. In this job, you will report directly to the IT Manager.
About the Data Centre Support Role:
In this crucial role you will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, verification, cabling and testing. You will also get the opportunity to assist, and work in major projects locally and globally.
- Monitor incoming tickets for processing from the ticketing portal via email or respond based on SLA
- Provide support to clients/users over the phone or via email
- Perform power verification and break fix
- Mounting of equipment onto racks
- Perform cable patching (copper, fibre cables and site surveys)
- Plan and execute cabling installation, including testing and labelling
- Tape change based on tape rotation schedule
- Manage client’s inventory records and periodic compilation of statistics and reports
- Work with vendor to resolve technical issues
- Liaison with customers to provide them with activity updates
- Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Work with other team members to coordinate proper dissemination of information and follow up on handing over of duties
- Perform basic network troubleshooting
- Receive/send equipment or items on behalf of customers
- Track and record customer equipment movement in/out the DC or storage room
To succeed in this role, you need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior managers and engineers across different internal matrix.
- Basic network concepts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Independent and self motivated
- Team player attitude
- Minimum of a diploma in IT or engineering related field
- One to two years' data centre NOC experience
- Able to write and adjust technical/management documentation
- 12-hour rotating shift work
- Travelling across data centres required
This international IT provider needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in its field of expertise.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Career advancement opportunities and training available for the right person!]
Apply today to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1876957 Laveena Wasvani