Senior System Engineer
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Helen Lee (R1874335)
Date posted 08 July 20192019-07-08 2019-09-06 it Singapore Singapore SG SGD 6500 7500 7500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior System Engineer job has just become available at one of the leading global companies based in Singapore.
About the Senior System Engineer Role:
The company is searching for a team-oriented player to provide face-to-face support to customers in a Windows operating system environment. You will need to perform complex fault finding and be tasked to handle administration and monitoring of systems and network including data centres to ensure smooth operations.
- Understand the service standards and levels required by business customers in your region, especially in your primary area of responsibility. Ensure that infrastructure service delivery teams provide fit-for-purpose services
- Monitor and maintain IT service availability and performance levels in SEAC
- Work with IT colleagues to support day-to-day IT operations in the region, make changes and/or upgrades to maintain the following systems under change control guidance, where required:
- Data centre and servers
- WAN and LAN, networking
- Virtualisation infrastructure including VMWare
- Active directory
- Maintaining and monitoring system backups
- Maintaining telephone systems
- Email solutions
- Systems support
- Voice and data patch panel configuration
- Appropriate operating system(s) and related utility software (e.g. failover software) including patch management and involvement in defining backup and restore policies
- Help ensure that disaster recovery capability exists for the region, work to maintain the DR strategy outlined by senior IT management
- Carry out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of hardware and software
- Support test software upgrades and complete software upgrades as instructed
- Providing support for mobile telephones and maintaining software
The successful Senior System Engineer will need to have good knowledge of and experience in the Windows operating system.
- Diploma or degree holder in Information Technology/Computer Science or related field
- At least five years' of relevant experience in a technical support position, preferably in a hybrid environment and with some experience with server management/networking infrastructure
- Relevant IT certifications such as MCSA/CCNA will be highly regarded
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills, including experience of liaising with senior stakeholders
This leading professional services firm has an outstanding reputation and presence in Singapore within its field and great value is placed on employee personal growth. With a technology transformation in its master plan, this is an exciting time to join the company.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Senior System Engineer job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874335 Helen Lee