Network Operations Manager
Consultant Sheryn Loh (R1762884)
Date posted 27 May 20192019-05-27 2019-07-26 it Singapore SG SGD 150000 170000 170000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Country Network Operations Manager job has been made available in an international bank based in Singapore.
About the Country Network Operations Manager Role:
In this APAC role, you will be a people manager who will be responsible for 10 perm L1 / L2 Network Operations Engineers in Singapore, India & Hong Kong. The team you will be looking after manages around 90% of day to day global data and security network BAU work with the remaining 10% complicated issues being escalated to the L3 engineers. The team has a large engineers base that is outsourced to a vendor and that accounts for an additional 35-40 engineers who are based in Singapore and they are supporting the bank remotely.
- Lead the Incident calls during outage situations, manage stakeholder expectation and act as bridge commander during major incident management scenarios
- Escalation point for network operations, drive the response to production incidents, faster service restoration with reduced MTTR
- Work closely with cross-functional internal support groups and external service providers to identify, resolve or coordinate the resolution of network incidents
- Effectively communicate issues and incidents to all levels of the organisation including the senior management and lines of business as required
- Collaborate with the US/EMEA operations teams and establish strong working partnerships
- Regularly perform a governance role with the strategic partners, review performance, service levels, provide timely feedback and drive service improvement plans
- Responsible for setting goals and objective for direct reports, career management and regular one-on-one and team meetings
- Driving continuous improvement of operational procedures, find opportunities for automation of manual tasks
The successful Network Operations Manager will need to have at least five years' experience managing or leading network operations.
- Over 10 years of overall experience with at least five years' experience managing or leading network operations or related environment
- Experience working for a large enterprise or financial institution in a multi vendor environment
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches and Cisco/Aruba wireless infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP,BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, GRE tunnel / IPSec
- Knowledge of Juniper/Checkpoint Firewalls; F5/AVI load balancers and Bluecoat proxy infrastructure
- Experience with vendor governance and managing resources in an outsourced environment
This leading global bank has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment and promotes from within – career progression opportunities are outstanding.
If you are a talented and focused Network Operations Manager seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this role is for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1762884 Sheryn Loh