System Consultant (Linux)
Consultant Helen Lee (R1874335)
Date posted 13 May 20192019-05-13 2019-07-12 defence-and-military 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
A security and defence firm is looking for a Linux System Consultant to join its team based in Singapore.
About the Linux System Consultant Role:
You will help construct and implement highly complex systems, working with very large data-set using cutting edge technologies, solving hard engineering problems at scale to help our customers to defend against threats and reduce their risk in the connected world.
- Regular interaction with customers with a key focus on ensuring success for our customers
- Proactive handling of complex projects and supporting those projects implemented
- Applying substantial domain knowledge and extensive system delivery experience to our systems
- Working with several different system types
- Create high-quality technical documentation, for example Acceptance Test documentation
- Contributing to business development including scoping and quoting candidate systems for new themselves
- Assessing work sequences and assessments on how to complete system deliveries
- Contributing to the daily operations and strategic direction of the company’s drive for continuous improvement
- Finding new and better solutions, challenge existing solutions in a professional and constructive manner
- Share experiences between colleagues aiming on perfecting best practices
- Working with software engineers to deploy/modify code and software packages regularly
- Tuning, troubleshooting and scaling Big Data technologies – must have curiosity and interest with the internal workings of a complex system
- Travel when required (including possible overseas work)
- Support out of hours work if scheduling requires
To succeed in this Linux System Consultant role, you should have prior experience with Linux and scripting.
- Experienced in delivering complex, scalable and large scale big data systems.
- Experienced in large volume data ingestion, processing and analysis in real-time, near real-time or batch
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP
- Strong in Linux and shell scripting, preferably with CentOS or Redhat
- Good understanding of Big Data framework and related technology stack like Hadoop, Parquet, HBase, AVRO, HDFS, Mesos, YARN
- Good Understanding of messaging systems like Kafka, ActiveMQ
- Good understanding of processing frameworks like MapReduce, Spark
- Good understanding of relational and NoSQL databases like Postgres, Elasticsearch, Cassandra and some DB programming with TSQL or PL/SQL
- Experienced in at least one of the high level languages – Python, Ruby, R
- Ability to work in high pressure environment and handle multiple priorities
- Able to work with little supervision and guidance
This leading professional services firm has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. With its history this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are someone with an engineering mindset, passionate and a curious mind about technology, this is a great opportunity to gain project experience with a very well-known organisation.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity now.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874335 Helen Lee