AVP/VP, Desktop Engineering
Salary SGD100000 - SGD180000 per annum
Consultant Luciano Loke (R1767250)
Date posted 09 May 20192019-05-09 2019-07-08 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
An exciting AVP/VP, Desktop Engineering job has just become available in a leading investment firm, based in Singapore.
About the AVP/VP, Desktop Engineering Role:
In this technology critical role, you are someone with strong technical solutions implementation skills, and being able to provide IT support and dealing with vendors and business users.
- Provide leadership with a technology focus on operating system and act as a subject matter expert in desktop platform
- Provide technical guidance to the team that comprises of vendor resources in platform technologies including Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS, and ensure effective operation of the desktop environment (VDIs, laptops, desktops) and Microsoft Office suites
- Deliver platform and desktop related projects with timely reports and updates to senior management/stakeholders
- Responsible for the desktop environment lifecycle and roadmap, including the inception, through engineering design and procurement, to service and disposal
- Responsible for support and maintenance of all desktop components and environment
- Proactively develop, support and manage the desktop environment including creation of patching schedules and technology refresh
- Act as a subject matter expert in Windows desktop and Microsoft Office
- Work closely with infrastructure teams, end users experience team, application teams and security team to ensure operational excellence
- Drive quality solutions and outcomes through a continuous improvement mind-set
To succeed in the AVP/VP, Desktop Engineering role, you must have strong knowledge in desktop platforms and vendor management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum seven years’ relevant experience preferably in financial services or asset management industries
- Strong understanding of Windows 7, Windows 10, MacOS, Android, iOS, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional qualification such as MCSE, ITIL, CITPM/PMP will be advantageous
- Desire to work in a diverse environment interacting with various teams and functions to support strategic goals
- Someone who is autonomous and can learn our environments, configurations, and systems quickly
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance our ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
If you are driven and would like to take your career forward in Singapore, this is the role for you.
Apply for this exciting role today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767250 Luciano Loke