Senior Linux Automation Engineer
Consultant Brett Lockett (R1440023)
Date posted 07 May 20192019-05-07 2019-07-06 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
An exciting Senior Linux Automation Engineer opportunity has come available working for a leading technology company in Singapore. It will be reporting to the Head of Security Engineering and will allow the successful candidate to work closely with all technology teams across the organisation. Strong end to end knowledge of infrastructure, Devops and scripting skills are required with any experience working within a security team / environment being desirable.
About the Senior Linux Automation Engineer Role:
In this role you will be reporting to the Head of Security Engineering and work closely with all technology teams across the organisation.
- Develop tools, automate using our ChatBot, ticketing system and SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation and Response) to support the SOC
- Installation, maintenance and support of SOC Tools
- Automation of Secure Configuration management and Vulnerability management
- Develop and maintain Cyber Threat Intelligence internal tools
- Reporting: dashboards/automated reports about Linux security, SIEM and other systems
To succeed in the role, strong end to end knowledge of infrastructure, Devops and scripting skills are required with any experience working within a security team / environment being desirable.
- Minimum of three years' experience in Linux/Unix system administration
- Minimum of two years' experience in development/automation using Python and Java
- Experience with Containerization and Cloud infrastructure (Alibaba Cloud or other)
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP and network infra (DNS, proxy, firewall)
- Available to work on-call and on occasion overtime
- English working proficiency (written and spoken)
- Passionate, curious, eager to learn
- Preferred qualifications:
- Technical Experience in Cyber Security
- Knowledge of Linux/Net security (ssh, hardening, etc)
- Knowledge of web application/infra (Apache, Nginx, HTTP, TLS, HTML, etc)
- Experience with log management (ELK, etc)
- Experience working in Big Data environment (Hadoop, Scala, Spark)
- SQL/HQL language
- MS in Computer Science
Any of the following certifications will also be advantageous:
- GCUX, Linux+, LPIC, OCA/OCP, RHCE/RHCA, OCAJP, OCPJP, PCAP, PCPP
- Shortlisted candidates will be evaluated technically with a writing and an oral test.
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a key leader within the technology field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The business is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Linux Automation Engineer job in Singapore.
Apply for this role today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440023 Brett Lockett