MySQL Database Engineer
Consultant Helen Lee (R1874335)
Date posted 24 April 20192019-04-24 2019-06-23 it 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
An exciting MYSQL Database Engineer job has just become available at one of the leading global companies based in Singapore. You will be able to get to work on and support one of the largest and fastest growing datasets of any company in South East Asia. We operate in a challenging, fast paced and ever changing environment that will push you to grow and learn.
About the MYSQL Database Engineer Role:
The company is searching for a team-oriented player to get to work on and support one of the largest and fastest growing datasets of any company in South East Asia. We operate in a challenging, fast paced and ever changing environment that will push you to grow and learn.
- You will be responsible for monitoring day to day MySQL, PostgreSQL and or other OLTP database systems in terms of operations and management
- Perform database capacity planning and maintenance, monitoring and performance tuning
- Diagnose any database issues and employ measures to prevent recurrence
- Work with engineering and operations team in building tooling to drive scalability, reliability and performance
- Research and develop new technologies and approaches for building highly available data persistence systems
- Advice and support product, engineering, support and operation teams
- Participate in on-call rotations
To succeed in the role, you must have deep understanding and real passion for relational database theory and database fundamentals.
- Preferably a degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields
- Deep understanding of MySQL storage engines (understanding of PostgreSQL internal engine would be an added plus)
- Proficiency with Linux system administration
- Extensive experience with installation, management, upgrades, backup and restore of large MySQL, PostgreSQL and or other OLTP database system installations
- Experience benchmarking, clustering and tuning the databases for performance, reliability, high availability and scalability
- Experience in automation development, shell, python or Golang
- Familiar with a key-value store or data structure database (such as Redis, ElasticSearch et al)
- Experience with AWS RDS / Elasticache / other AWS Database Services or experience with management of databases in AWS environment will a strong plus
- Strong CS fundamentals (with competencies in algorithms and data structures)
This leading professional services firm has an outstanding reputation and presence in Singapore within its field and great value is placed on employee personal growth. With a technology transformation in its master plan, this is an exciting time to join the company.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this MYSQL Database Engineer job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874335 Helen Lee