NoSQL Database Engineer (ElasticSearch/Redis)
Consultant Helen Lee (R1874335)
Date posted 24 April 20192019-04-24 2019-06-23 new-media-and-internet 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
An exciting NoSQL Database Engineer job has just become available at one of the leading global companies based in Singapore.
About the NoSQL Database Engineer Role:
The company is searching for a team-oriented player to get to work on and support one of the largest and fastest growing datasets of any company in South East Asia. We operate in a challenging, fast paced and ever changing environment that will push you to grow and learn.
- Manage, maintain and monitor a multitude of Redis/Elasticsearch clusters, ensuring obligations to SLAs
- Diagnose, mitigate and communicate database (Redis/Elasticsearch) related issues to relevant stakeholders both independently and collaboratively and take actions to prevent recurrence
- Advise on and implement the best practices for business in each phase of an Elasticsearch cluster lifecycle: Planning, Provisioning, Tuning, Upgrading, Decommissioning
- Advice and support product, engineering and operation teams.
- Work with engineering and operations team to automate and innovate new approaches driving scalability, reliability and performance
- R & D on new features and for innovative solutions to push boundaries as domain expertise for elasticsearch
- Participate in on-call rotations
The successful NoSQL Database Engineer will need to have good knowledge of and experience in the Redis/ Elasticsearch.
- Preferably a degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields
- Strong CS fundamentals (with competencies in algorithms and data structures)
- Domain experience in the Elasticsearch and also the use of Kibana and X-Pack
- Experience in provisioning & managing Elasitcsearch clusters
- Proficiency in at least one scripting/programming languages – Golang, Python, JSON, YAML, Shell
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as RDS, Elasticache, S3, Route 53, VPCs, CloudWatch, Lambda scripts and etc.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Team player, independent, highly motivated and self-manageable
- Responsible, dedicated and participate in on-call rotations.
- Comfortable with collaborative tools such as slack,workday, wikis and basic ticket tracking systems - JIRA
- Familiar with other products in the Elastic Stack, e.g. Logstash, Metricbeat, Filebeat
- Comfortable working in Linux/Unix environments
- Acquainted with NoSQL databases and/ or relational databases such as Postgres, or MySQL
- Experience working with Redis/Elasticsearch, and solving technical problems with Redis/Elasticsearch, understanding of the internal workings of Redis/Elasticsearch
- Some knowledge of TCP/IP stack, Load balancer, Networking.
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible)
- Action and detail oriented. Highly motivated to drive projects to completion
This leading professional services firm has an outstanding reputation and presence in Singapore within its field and great value is placed on employee personal growth. With a technology transformation in its master plan, this is an exciting time to join the company.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this NoSQL Database Engineer job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874335 Helen Lee