Junior Data Center Technician
Salary SGD4000 - SGD4800 per month
Consultant Laveena Wasvani (R1876957)
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-16 2019-05-16 it Singapore SG SGD 4000 4800 4800 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting role of a Junior Data Centre Engineer has just become available at in one of the most renowned global IT firm based in Singapore. Collaborating with a dynamic team of professionals across of Information Technology team.
About the Junior Data Centre Engineer Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for executing of all IT operations based jobs of all departments.
- Collaborating with a dynamic team of professionals across the Information Technology (IT) -site, remote hands physical activity for IT equipment such as Servers, NetDevices, SANs, physical cabling, parts/component replacement, physical hardware, and troubleshooting spectrum to execute on
- Executing shift-based tactical management tasks, such as: prioritising ticketing queues, responding, engaging, or addressing to resolve escalations (or further escalate if needed); to clear blocking issues and enable continued delivery of DC Technician activities
- Highlighting challenges to enable efficient support of your DC team personnel in a fast-paced environment
- Coordinate with the shift lead and senior technicians to execute the above IT operations-based tasks supporting state-of-the-art IT hardware platforms, built on cutting edge, data center industry designs and infrastructure
- Providing excellent customer service, (via your mature interpersonal awareness, and communication skills,) to bring your technical abilities to life
To succeed in this role, you will be required to be persistent and committed to the process. The 3 main functions in this role are Site Services, Deployment & Logistics. There are opportunities to move laterally and cross training within the functions of IT are available to help boost your CV and become an all round IT professional.
- Flexibility to work non-business hours (shifts) that will include weekends and/or holidays (no night shifts)
- In-depth experience troubleshooting on Dell/HP/Proliant servers and server components such as motherboards, array controllers, network cards, processors, memory and SATA and SCSI Hard Disk Drives
- One to two years’ experience within Data Centre or related IT fields including troubleshooting/deploying network devices/servers including multiple levels of RAID
- Experience in ticket management software
- Experience in a Data Centre environment with established SLAs
- Excellent Business level English written (email & procedural instructions) and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical/troubleshooting skills and willing to learn new technology
- Sound understanding of Data Centre networking, server, and storage infrastructure hardware and software sufficient to perform required tasks
- Familiarity with copper and fiber cabling infrastructure sufficient to perform required tasks
- Excellent Customer Support Skills
- Self-starter who is able to perform tasks with minimal supervision in team environment
- Ability to work and learn in high stress data centre environment
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
This company is one of the top names in its niche market. The business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
If you are a progressive IT professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1876957 Laveena Wasvani