Consultant Helen Lee (R1874335)
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-05-14 purchasing-and-procurement Singapore SG SGD 8000 10000 10000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Solution Architect role has just become available at one of the shipping and trading companies based in Singapore. My client plays a critical role in supply chain by sourcing gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, crude and feedstock, from a broad range of locations.
About the Solution Architect Role:
In this role you will develop the operational and systems architectural design of the Trading & Shipping domain through analysis of the end to end business requirements.
- Develop the operational and systems architectural design of the Trading & Shipping domain through analysis of the end to end business requirements of the following functional areas - Physical Trading, Derivatives Trading, Chartering, Cargo Operations, Middle Office, Trade Accounting, Finance, Commercial Analysis, Terminal & Supply Scheduling, Demand Planning and Inventory Management
- Propose technology solutions that deliver the required business outcomes in an efficient manner and are scalable to the changing business requirements in the Trading & Shipping domain
- Analyse current and emerging technology to identify relevance and value to the Trading & Shipping business and determine opportunities to improve business outcomes through technology
- Requirements analysis and documentation of architecture designs (high level and detailed) for solutions involving ETRM, shipping, risk and ERP systems and related applications for trade flow, position management, risk management, logistics management, trade accounting, etc
- Explain architecture options and cost estimates to senior personnel for decision-making
- Develop and maintain the IT Technology roadmap and strategic vision for the Trading & Shipping business, including a three to five year outlook, ensuring the strategy is aligned with the Fuels & Infrastructure Technology roadmap and the broader Group environment
- Ensure all IT Solutions remain customer centric, scalable, efficient and in-line with business strategy
The successful Solution Architect will need to have good knowledge of and experience in the shipping & logistics environment.
- Proven expertise in the development of solution architectures (operational and systems architectures) for the Trading & Shipping business ensuring consistency with requirements agreed with stakeholders
- Proven expertise in applying solution architecture principles, practices and processes within enterprise architecture, ICT investment and governance frameworks.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities to identify, analyse and resolve technology challenges in response to business and ICT requirements
- Proven expertise in the use of project management methodologies to assist teams in meeting deadlines and agreed outcomes
- Sound general IT experience (applications and/or infrastructure) including systemic knowledge of IT development, operational and change management processes and methodologies
- Solid knowledge of the end to end lifecycle of physical and paper trading in the crude oil and refined products domain ( trading, cargo operations, settlement and invoicing, exposure management)
- Solid knowledge of the related business processes to physical trading (eg. demand forecasting/management, inventory management, etc .)
- Good knowledge of the systems aspect of ICE, NYMEX, CME and other exchange based trading
- Proven experience in ETRM, Shipping Management and Risk Systems (eg. Allegro, Aspect, Openlink Endur, TriplePoint, IMOS, SoftMar, Lacima, etc)
- Proven experience in the integration of ETRM with ERP applications (eg. SAP). This can be either at the business process level or at the technical level (or both)
- Strong understanding of Risk Management Systems (VaR, Live Exposure, etc.)
- Solution architecture in a trading (physical and paper) system environment including proposing solution options and interface designs
This leading professional services firm has an outstanding reputation and presence in Singapore within its field and great value is placed on employee personal growth. With a technology transformation in its master plan, this is an exciting time to join the company.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Solution Architect is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874335 Helen Lee