Windows System Engineer
Consultant Helen Lee (R1874335)
Date posted 11 March 2019 2019-03-112019-05-10 it Singapore SG SGD 4000 5000 5000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Windows System Engineer job has just become available at one of the leading global companies based in Singapore.
About the Windows System Engineer Role:
The company is searching for a team-oriented player to provide face-to-face support to customers in a Windows operating system environment. You will need to perform complex fault finding. You will be tasked to handle administration and monitoring of systems and network including data centres to ensure smooth operations.
- Understand the service standards and levels required by business customers in your region, especially in your primary area of responsibility. Ensure that Infrastructure service delivery teams provide fit-for-purpose services
- Monitor and maintain IT service availability and performance levels in SEAC
- Work with IT colleagues to support day to day IT operations in the region, make changes and/or upgrades to maintain the following systems under change control guidance, where required:
- Data centre and servers
- WAN and LAN, networking
- Virtualisation infrastructure including VMWare
- Active directory
- Maintaining and monitoring system backups
- Maintaining telephone systems
- Email solutions
- Systems support
- Voice and data patch panel configuration
- Appropriate operating system(s) and related utility software (e.g. failover software) including patch management and involvement in defining backup and restore policies.
- Help ensure that disaster recovery capability exists for the region, work to maintain the DR strategy outlined by senior IT management
- Carry out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of hardware and software
- Support test software upgrades and complete software upgrades as instructed
- Providing support for mobile telephones and maintaining software
The successful Windows System Engineer will need to have good knowledge of and experience in the Windows operating system.
- Undergraduate Degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) or science based discipline or similar level of experience
- Microsoft Windows & Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office Application suite
- Voice and Data patching
- Network Switching
- Knowledge of LAN technology including TCP/IP
This leading professional services firm has an outstanding reputation and presence in Singapore within its field and great value is placed on employee personal growth. With a technology transformation in its master plan, this is an exciting time to join the company.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Windows System Engineer job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874335 Helen Lee